Windows 10: How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

Discus and support How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? in Cortana to solve the problem; How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? After my system (windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.379)... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Ira Grollman, Mar 24, 2019.

1. How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

After my system (windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.379) has been up for a few days, indexing is still running and typically reports about 1.7 million items indexed. Not at all unreasonable for a system with lots of email and many development projects. Other than office files, all are set to properties indexing rather than content indexing. All files are local on a single 1TB SSD, i7 based 16 GB memory.

Following a system reboot, event log entry 623 is logged:
    SearchIndexer (11448,D,19) Windows: The version store for this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 128Mb. Then the search tasks log their own errors and continue using 100% of whatever core they are assigned to.

Note that the 128MB likely refers to database page count. I have tried esentutl options to validate integrity, repair and/or recovery. Either the utility dies or it logs a -1003 Jet_errInvalidParameter, Invalid API parameter)

The version store in this case is an Extensible Storage Engine using
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb

The delete index and rebuild within the indexing control panel has been used and this does delete the existing file and it starts rebuilding. After a few days, the limit is hit again. Similarly, the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter does not change the problem.

Two relavent articles are:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2016/06/14/the-version-store-called-and-theyre-all-out-of-buckets/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/974803/the-domain-controller-runs-slower-or-stops-responding-when-the-garbage

Regards, Ira

:)

Ira Grollman, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

WINDOWS 10 EDB FILE KEEPS INCREASING

Hi James,

To know the windows update that may fix your issue with .edb files, we would like to know the current specifications of computer.

To know current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer,
    follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Startbutton.
    • Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enterto find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Meanwhile, we could run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic For Search and Indexing issues.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the index location and check if the large Windows.edb file still exists, Please perform the following steps to move the file:

• Enter Indexing Options into the Search field on the Start Menu.
    • Click on Indexing Options.
    • Click on Advanced at the bottom.
    • Click on Select New and specify a new location for your Windows.edb file.
    • Click on OK and wait until Windows restarted.
    • Check if issue persists.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if the issue was left unresolved, kindly get
    back to us with the answers to our inquiryso that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Mar 24, 2019
  3. EDB index search database file -- can I locate on a removable hard drive?

I just indexed a 2 TB USB-attached, external hard drive on my Windows 10 Enterprise laptop. The indexing was added to the *.edb file located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications. The process increased the size of the "Windows.edb" file by
    about 4 GB. There is lots of room on the external hard drive, but not much less free space on my C: drive, which is a 300GB SSD. Is there any way to put the indexing info on the drive that is being indexed? I.e. the *.edb file containing indexing info for
    Drive C: would be located on Drive C:, while the indexing info for Drive D: would be located on Drive D:.

The benefits of this approach would include:

* better use of limited SSD hard drive space

* "portable" index-based searching, e.g. if I plugged the removable drive into another system

Thanks

Mark Lewiecki, Mar 24, 2019
  4. How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

Windows Experience Index Database

hello all...well since windows vista has been released i figured we could start up a database for those of us that use windows vista to share our windows experience index score...just post a screenshot of your score and list your systems cpu,hdd,gpu,and memory and amount of memory...i will start it off with mine*Big Grin How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? :D

How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? experiece.jpg

My Specs

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    WD Raptor 74gb 16mb cache 10k rpm
    BFG 7600GT OC
    1gb Kingston HyperX

Athlon2K15, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased?

1. How can the windows search indexing ESE Windows.edb number of database pages be increased? - Similar Threads - search indexing ESE

2. Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up: Whenever I perform a full disk image restore which uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service, it never restores the search index database. This means that it has to be rebuilt from scratch every time, which can take many hours.I can't find any exclusions for the folder:...
  3. Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index Database Not Backed Up: Whenever I perform a full disk image restore which uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service, it never restores the search index database. This means that it has to be rebuilt from scratch every time, which can take many hours.I can't find any exclusions for the folder:...
  4. How to export indexed searches of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export indexed searches of Windows?: I want to export the 97626 indexed searches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-indexed-searches-of-windows/3cbcbf13-ff35-4a23-9c9a-719f114cc61e
  5. How to export indexed searches of Windows?

How to export indexed searches of Windows?: I want to export the 97626 indexed searches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-indexed-searches-of-windows/3cbcbf13-ff35-4a23-9c9a-719f114cc61e
  6. Query Windows Search Indexing database

in Cortana
    Query Windows Search Indexing database: Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows Search Indexing database to get a list of *G:/paths/file names* that were previously residing in drive letter "G" ?That way at...
  7. Query Windows Search Indexing database

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Query Windows Search Indexing database: Hey guys,I broke one of my external HDDs yesterday, it fell to the floor and now its not being detected at all..Is there a way to query the Windows Search Indexing database to get a list of *G:/paths/file names* that were previously residing in drive letter "G" ?That way at...
  8. Query Windows Search Indexing database

9. directly query the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?

in Cortana
    directly query the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database?: Is there a way to directly query e.g. SQL, or a purpose-built application the Windows 10 desktop Search Index database? I've had - and so many others, too, have had - such problems with Windows 10 desktop Search - slow, incomplete, unreliable - that it could be very useful...
  10. EDB index search database file -- can I locate on a removable hard drive?

in Cortana
    EDB index search database file -- can I locate on a removable hard drive?: I just indexed a 2 TB USB-attached, external hard drive on my Windows 10 Enterprise laptop. The indexing was added to the *.edb file located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications. The process increased the size of the "Windows.edb" file by about 4 GB. There is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1003 JET_errInvalidParameter Invalid API parameter Server 2016