Windows 10: how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?

Discus and support how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; or hide wifis based on mac address if you saw this article https://lifehacker.com/how-do-i-hide-my-neighbors-wifi-networks-1833806819/amp they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by minanageh, Apr 8, 2019.

1. minanageh Win User

how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?

or hide wifis based on mac address

if you saw this article

https://lifehacker.com/how-do-i-hide-my-neighbors-wifi-networks-1833806819/amp

they explain how to hide wifi networks based on ssids .

but i want to hide hidden networks i don't want to see them on my wifi list ?

how can this be possible ?

would "netsh wlan show networks mode=Bssid" command help ?!

how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc? p8tew.png how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc? a2KLd.png

:)

minanageh, Apr 8, 2019

2. How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    hidden network

Hi there, thanks for your question.

When you look at the list of available networks, the "Hidden Network" is not a particular WiFi network but instead a generic indicator to show you that there are networks in range that have hidden their SSID, or network name.

This is normal behaviour, and presents no issue for you. You can ignore the hidden networks.

Please let me know if you need further information! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 8, 2019
  4. how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?

Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc?

1. how can turn off show hidden networks in my pc? - Similar Threads - turn off show

2. My PC only shows my network as "Hidden Network" and won't connect, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC only shows my network as "Hidden Network" and won't connect, what can I do?: So my home PC runs Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and only show's the Wifi as "Hidden Network". I've tried to connect by putting in the SSID and security key but it still says "can't connect to this network". I have tried the following.-Troubleshooting-CMD commandsrefreshing and...
  3. My PC only shows my network as "Hidden Network" and won't connect, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC only shows my network as "Hidden Network" and won't connect, what can I do?: So my home PC runs Windows 10 Pro 22H2 and only show's the Wifi as "Hidden Network". I've tried to connect by putting in the SSID and security key but it still says "can't connect to this network". I have tried the following.-Troubleshooting-CMD commandsrefreshing and...
  4. My PC only shows my network as "Hidden Network" and won't connect, what can I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No networks are showing up except hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks are showing up except hidden network: I can't see any networks on my pc other than one called "hidden network", I've tried uninstalling the driver, troubleshooting and some other things but sill it only shows that one. Sometimes it doesn't even show any networks saying "no wifi networks found".Using a tplink...
  6. how can i turn off sirius xm on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn off sirius xm on my pc: how do i turn off sirius xm on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-sirius-xm-on-my-pc/1997e484-6231-48d8-9d1d-3f2068a0d05b
  7. how can i turn off sirius xm on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i turn off sirius xm on my pc: how do i turn off sirius xm on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-off-sirius-xm-on-my-pc/1997e484-6231-48d8-9d1d-3f2068a0d05b
  8. How to turn off Xbox Networking on my pc through registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off Xbox Networking on my pc through registry?: It used to be that "xbgm" was there and all you have to do is change a value and it's off forever but I just reformatted my pc earlier this morning and it's not there anymore. Why is this forced-turned-on and can't be turned off as default? I don't get it. I don't even have...
  9. To Show Hidden Wireless Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Show Hidden Wireless Network: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedAlae [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heen8q/to_show_hidden_wireless_network/
  10. "Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Support
    "Show Hidden Files" In File Explorer Automatically Turns Off: UPDATE: Fixed myself with a couple of registry editing. *Biggrin Hey, so I noticed recently I couldn't look at hidden files (and I could for a long time), so I checked the "Show Hidden Files" checkbox. It automatically turned off... Tried a reboot, no progress. I am an...