Windows 10: How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?

Discus and support How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm thinking of installing Veracrypt and I read that it takes Veracrypt about 5 minutes to decrypt a 500 gig SSD. How is this possible? It takes me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CerebralFreeze, Sep 4, 2020.

1. How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?

I'm thinking of installing Veracrypt and I read that it takes Veracrypt about 5 minutes to decrypt a 500 gig SSD. How is this possible? It takes me much longer to duplicate the same 500 gigs on my Windows 10 SSD!Can someone explain how this is possible?This is how I analyze the situation. The following are the fundamental tasks of each procedure: **1.** Vercrypt has the computer read the data, decrypt the data, and then finally write the data on the SSD. It does this over and over again. **2.** When the same computer copies 500 gigs on the same SSD, the computer reads the data and then writes the data on the SSD. It does this over and over again.∴ Relative to the 2nd procedure of simply copying, the Veracrypt procedure is exactly the same except Veracrypt has the additional, complicated task of decrypting the data. Veracrypt has to take longer time, no?How could the Veracrypt decryption be faster?

:)

CerebralFreeze, Sep 4, 2020

2. veracrypt data lost

VeraCrypt is not a Microsoft Product.

I suggest that you contact a support community for developers of that program.

VeraCrypt - Wikipedia

Bill Smithers, Sep 4, 2020
  3. veracrypt data lost

I mounted a folder on veracrypt for encryption. However, when I switched on the computer after after two days , I found the folder missing and no longer fetchable through veracrypt, Kindly advise how to recover the lost folder.

arvinddimri, Sep 4, 2020
  4. How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?

Jsssssssss, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?

1. How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data? - Similar Threads - Veracrypt Decryption faster

2. How to Copy Google Chrome Data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Copy Google Chrome Data?: Hello,I am joining a new school and I have been given a new email. Now, I made a chrome profile for my old school email with all of my shortcuts, passwords, bookmarks, etc, etc. Is there a way to make a copy of all of this for my new school email? As I dont want to have to...
  3. Veracrypt automount

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Veracrypt automount: Hey! How do i get veracrypt to automount? i have diffrent passwords, on all my veracrypt drives? 180623
  4. Veracrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  5. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  6. Calendar - How can I copy data to another computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar - How can I copy data to another computer?: I have been using Calendar app for quite some time and got it full of appointments for months ahead; only locally, not synced. Unfortunately, my computer got broken yesterday. We've been able to get the harddisk out of it and connect it to another computer. Now the question...
  7. decrypt data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    decrypt data: Dear frind . i was encrypted my External hard driver when i used windows 7 then reinstall windows 7 and i install windows 10, and when i tray to open my External hard driver aging i found all my work file and folder are not opening, word and expel and work pic and privet...
  8. Copy files faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files faster!: Good evening, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Is it nice to tell me how can I copy it to internal HDD faster? I mention that I tried using the Windows 10 Home utility and it takes over 3 hours. Thank you! Wait for response! A...
  9. Edge not faster than IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not faster than IE 11: Edge is not any faster than IE 11 on my laptop with SSD. Google Chrome has it by a mile! Even Firefox beats it hands down. The fact that Edge will not likely have any extensions to test by July 29 is a huge deception. After all, people who have computers live in their...
  10. Same network / LAN W7 transfer speed 10X faster than W10 (1703)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same network / LAN W7 transfer speed 10X faster than W10 (1703)?: Hi there Two Windows VM's (Vmware workstation) connected to the same LAN W7 X-64 Ultimate and W10 x-64 Pro. These VM's are located also on the same physical HOST. Connected Host drive as drive X. Transferring 8GB data files -- around 73 Mb/s (approx 290 Mib/s) on W7...