Windows 10: How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation?

Discus and support How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am sorting out and moving bunches of files from a folder to new folders created to hold each kind of selected file. So in the left pane of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jun 8, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation?

I am sorting out and moving bunches of files from a folder to new folders created to hold each kind of selected file.

So in the left pane of Windows Explorer I have the folder I'm working with: /pdffiles

And in the right pane I have all the files in that folder listed for me. Alphabetically.

So in the right pane I find a bunch with the same name all conveniently listed together and I highlight them.

Then I go to the left pane and create a new folder which I then want to rename with this name I've just selected on the right. See?

Simple.

So the system creates the new folder and highlights it in blue and waits for me to rename it.

Now here's the problem: I find if I start writing before the green bar moves across the title/path bar up there, whatever we should call it, then the renaming will get all screwed up.

So I always wait for it. It takes a little while to come.

Now here's the thing: sometimes it doesn't come ! I was working one time and suddenly it stopped coming. I could immediately rename the new folder and there was no problem.

After I had renamed then the green bar would zoom across. It'd come alright, but only after I'd done my thing.

That was excellent.

I'd like to know how to control the process so's it always operates in that mode.

Possible do you think?

:)

abrogard, Jun 8, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 8, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation? - Similar Threads - Control 'New Folder'

2. How can we Reindex outlook with the new macOS 14 Sonoma?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we Reindex outlook with the new macOS 14 Sonoma?: How can we Reindex outlook with the new macOS 14 Sonoma? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-reindex-outlook-with-the-new-macos-14/4dc7e010-d0f7-4ed3-9f58-cd99fa8052e5
  3. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?: Hi All,This is regarding KB5025885 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5025885-how-to-manage-the-windows-boot-manager-revocations-for-secure-boot-changes-associated-with-cve-2023-24932-41a975df-beb2-40c1-99a3-b3ff139f832d. We have applied the suggested changes on the...
  4. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?: Hi All,This is regarding KB5025885 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5025885-how-to-manage-the-windows-boot-manager-revocations-for-secure-boot-changes-associated-with-cve-2023-24932-41a975df-beb2-40c1-99a3-b3ff139f832d. We have applied the suggested changes on the...
  5. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. How can I easily get control of the WindowsApp folder?

How can I easily get control of the WindowsApp folder?: I know this has been asked but no one really answered in an easy to understand way. I have to have access the the WindowsApp folder because one of the .exe files I need to use as a link in another software requires the correct address in order to launch the file in my...
  7. How can I easily get control of the WindowsApp folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I easily get control of the WindowsApp folder?: I know this has been asked but no one really answered in an easy to understand way. I have to have access the the WindowsApp folder because one of the .exe files I need to use as a link in another software requires the correct address in order to launch the file in my...
  8. Laptop without operating system - how can we get out Windows 10 on to this laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop without operating system - how can we get out Windows 10 on to this laptop?: We have Windows 10. We believe that we are allowed to install it on multiple computers in the house. Is this true? We have a laptop that has no operating system. We would like to put Windows 10 on it. Can we download our WIndows 10 on a USB stick, and put it onto this sad...
  9. how can get new folder in documents?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can get new folder in documents?: HOW CAN I get a new folder n documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-get-new-folder-in-documents/aded5fad-a099-4a99-9e4e-0ed45c8b5021
  10. How can we make a hidden operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can we make a hidden operating system: Please can some one tell me how to make a hidden operating system in Windows 10 without using True Crypt. Basically I want to have a dual boot system with one of the operating system's being hidden/encrypted. Similar to the way True Crypt does it with the per-boot password...