Windows 10: How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

Discus and support How can we extract startup UWP applications information? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However, UWP apps which are enabled to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by petrometinc, Jun 25, 2021.

1. How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However, UWP apps which are enabled to run at startup, are not found in RegEdit at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or any other paths which have startup applications info.If I have to write a code to extract Startup applications like Cortana,Skype,Spotify etc UWP apps from registry or windows folders, how do I do it? Is there any path where UWP startup applications are stored?Note: I know that all the installed applications are stored in C:\Progra

:)

petrometinc, Jun 25, 2021

2. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jun 25, 2021
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

1. How can we extract startup UWP applications information? - Similar Threads - extract startup UWP

2. can you recover the information in your desktop. We need that information but I can not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can you recover the information in your desktop. We need that information but I can not...: Hello,can you recover the information on your desktop. We need that information but I can not started the program again. We have accidently reboot the pcMyriam...
  3. can you recover the information in your desktop. We need that information but I can not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you recover the information in your desktop. We need that information but I can not...: Hello,can you recover the information on your desktop. We need that information but I can not started the program again. We have accidently reboot the pcMyriam...
  4. can you recover the information in your desktop. We need that information but I can not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?: I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However UWP apps which are enabled to run at startup, are not found in RegEdit at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or any other...
  6. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  7. We need to extract the DNS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We need to extract the DNS settings: We have around 200 client computers. We have an excel sheet of these computers host name. Please let me know any command or script with which we can extract the DNS ip addresses configured on these computers to a csv file. Please move to the appropriate forum if this is...
  8. UWP AT STARTUP WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP AT STARTUP WINDOWS 10: Hello, I've recently noticed that when my computer restarts, or just starts from an "off" state, I see a command prompt box that shows at the top of the box, "Update UWP" It only lasts a second or two and all I could discern was the line "Update UWP." It may have ended...
  9. How to disable a UWP application auto start up?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to disable a UWP application auto start up?: I installed some UWP application, then I often see many application such as QQ、IQIYI、Skype、Peoples and so on is running. But I want to use it only when I start it. How to disable them auto starting?...
  10. How to Extract old UWP app to deploy on another PC (UWP Not in store)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Extract old UWP app to deploy on another PC (UWP Not in store): I have an excellent UWP app that I use to control my Squeezeboxes (Soundicity) which is sadly no longer available in the windows store. I`d like to deploy this app to another machine I have on my network. Is it possible to extract the relevant files from one PC, in...