Windows 10: How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?

Discus and support How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However UWP apps which are enabled to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by S#v#n&h#i-Durg, Jun 14, 2021.

1. How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?

I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However UWP apps which are enabled to run at startup, are not found in RegEdit at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or any other paths which have startup applications info.If I have to write a code to extract Startup applications like Cortana,Skype,Spotify etc UWP apps from registry or windows folders, how do I do it?

:)

S#v#n&h#i-Durg, Jun 14, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Calling UWP Bluetooth Radio class operation in non UWP library

hi;

We have an existing WPF application that cannot be migrated to UWP. I have seen that it is possible to use UWP libraries in NON UWP projects. I was able to put together a non UWP library accessing the Radio object. Though it compiles ok I am not seeing any
    Results returned. I was not able to setup the operation to use async directly. Was getting an error indicating await was not defined for the interface returned by the GetRadioAsyn() function. There is a GetResults operation on the returned result and I was
    thinking this would perform an async call on the operation, but it appears not to.

I would like to know how I caould configure a NON UWP project to call the Radio class functions, and/or if it could be explained how to get async to work when including the UWP libraries (into the non UWP project).

Peter

Peter Simard, Jun 14, 2021
  4. How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?

Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class?

1. How can we extract startup UWP applications using StartupTask class? - Similar Threads - extract startup UWP

2. Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps: I was playing GTA 5 and i wanted to check something in the settings of windows 10 and i got an error message from explorer.exe saying Class is not registered. How can i fix this? i ran sfc /scannow but that did nothing, i rebooted windows and i also reinstalled all apps with...
  3. Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps: I was playing GTA 5 and i wanted to check something in the settings of windows 10 and i got an error message from explorer.exe saying Class is not registered. How can i fix this? i ran sfc /scannow but that did nothing, i rebooted windows and i also reinstalled all apps with...
  4. Explorer.exe Class is not registered error with UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can we extract startup UWP applications information?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can we extract startup UWP applications information?: I am using C++ code base to develop a forensic tool. The requirement is to display all the startup applications. However, UWP apps which are enabled to run at startup, are not found in RegEdit at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" or any other...
  6. UWP applications with transparency issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UWP applications with transparency issues: After some update in the way, my MS Store has stopped working, and I've to reinstall windows over the old installation. But now, all applications from UWP have issues when the transparency effect is ON. Curiously, the control panel, taskbar and start menu is ok at all. Take...
  7. We need to extract the DNS settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We need to extract the DNS settings: We have around 200 client computers. We have an excel sheet of these computers host name. Please let me know any command or script with which we can extract the DNS ip addresses configured on these computers to a csv file. Please move to the appropriate forum if this is...
  8. UWP AT STARTUP WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP AT STARTUP WINDOWS 10: Hello, I've recently noticed that when my computer restarts, or just starts from an "off" state, I see a command prompt box that shows at the top of the box, "Update UWP" It only lasts a second or two and all I could discern was the line "Update UWP." It may have ended...
  9. How to Extract old UWP app to deploy on another PC (UWP Not in store)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Extract old UWP app to deploy on another PC (UWP Not in store): I have an excellent UWP app that I use to control my Squeezeboxes (Soundicity) which is sadly no longer available in the windows store. I`d like to deploy this app to another machine I have on my network. Is it possible to extract the relevant files from one PC, in...
  10. Fast Startup - Should we use it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup - Should we use it?: The reason I ask is because I am trying to customize my Windows and I wanted startup sounds. But I read they won't play if you have quick startup enabled which is by default. Plus having to edit the registry to unhide the sounds. So aside from enabling sounds to work is...