Windows 10: How can we make a hidden operating system

Discus and support How can we make a hidden operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please can some one tell me how to make a hidden operating system in Windows 10 without using True Crypt. Basically I want to have a dual boot system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dejager183, Jan 7, 2015.

1. How can we make a hidden operating system

Please can some one tell me how to make a hidden operating system in Windows 10 without using True Crypt. Basically I want to have a dual boot system with one of the operating system's being hidden/encrypted. Similar to the way True Crypt does it with the per-boot password option etc .. but without True Crypt.

Is it possible?
    If so, how?

:)

dejager183, Jan 7, 2015
  2. yewaiyin Win User

Can I make a recovery CD from NB itself?

No one knows this?

if in the future, if the harddrive crash, how can we make it work again?

or how can we use the hidden partition to recovery the operation system?

There must be somehting inside that hidden partition.

Anyone knows please?

Thanks

Yin

yewaiyin, Jan 7, 2015
  3. Can we install a Duel Operating System with Windows 10

Will I have the option of choosing a different drive or partition where I want the upgrade installed?

No, it will require that you are running a previous qualifying version and start the upgrade from within the qualifying version.

I want to dual boot instead of replace my current version of Windows.

If you need to install Windows 10 on a separate hard disk or partition, you will need to purchase a full license.

Retail pricing information:

Edition
    Pricing

Windows 10 Home
    US $119

Windows 10 Pro
    US $199

Windows 10 Pro Pack
    US $99

Source:
    http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-windows-10-home-costs-119-pro-costs-199

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

How can we make a hidden operating system

What is the other OS? Do you have TPM (Trusted Platform Module)? Will both OS be on the same physical disk? The procedures vary but for example:

https://stomp.colorado.edu/blog/blog...and-bitlocker/
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...indows-os.aspx
    How to use both FileVault2 and Bitlocker simultaneously on a dual-boot Mac running bootcamp « joeraff.org

I can't see how you could hide the other OS if you were dual booting - only encrypt it. I did have OSX and Windows 10 both encrypted (windows with bitlocker) but I turned it off in the end and just encrypt shared data drives.

adamf, Jan 7, 2015
  5. I am currently running Win 7 64 Bit and Win 10 TP with the win 7 hidden/encrypted. I would like to run 2 Win 10's. Yes it is on one physical disk with various partitions and not use True Crypt as is my current method.

dejager183, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How can we make a hidden operating system

1. How can we make a hidden operating system - Similar Threads - hidden operating system

2. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?: Hi All,This is regarding KB5025885 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5025885-how-to-manage-the-windows-boot-manager-revocations-for-secure-boot-changes-associated-with-cve-2023-24932-41a975df-beb2-40c1-99a3-b3ff139f832d. We have applied the suggested changes on the...
  3. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?: Hi All,This is regarding KB5025885 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5025885-how-to-manage-the-windows-boot-manager-revocations-for-secure-boot-changes-associated-with-cve-2023-24932-41a975df-beb2-40c1-99a3-b3ff139f832d. We have applied the suggested changes on the...
  4. Can we check event logs in the registry keys of operating system?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can someone make an Operating System based on Windows Kernel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone make an Operating System based on Windows Kernel?: We know that, Windows is not open source so it can't be modified directly. i looked it up and saw windows can be modified with 3rd parties, like Themes, and such. However it makes the system work harder. and I've never seen anyone build an operating system based on the linux...
  6. Can someone make an Operating System based on Windows Kernel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone make an Operating System based on Windows Kernel?: We know that, Windows is not open source so it can't be modified directly. i looked it up and saw windows can be modified with 3rd parties, like Themes, and such. However it makes the system work harder. and I've never seen anyone build an operating system based on the linux...
  7. is this what makes a good operating system?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is this what makes a good operating system?: i just rebooted. I am trying to do something. My computer is being bogged down. I open task maanger and OMG so many redundant useless windows process, over 20 using 10-30% CPU for no reason. NO REASON. Office telementary using 30% CPU? Why Just an endless amount of useless...
  8. How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Can We Control 'New Folder' operation?: I am sorting out and moving bunches of files from a folder to new folders created to hold each kind of selected file. So in the left pane of Windows Explorer I have the folder I'm working with: /pdffiles And in the right pane I have all the files in that folder listed for...
  9. How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system

How can I make a bootable bootable recovery operating system: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, please let me know how to make a buisy stick with recovery of the operating system, the steps I have to do next (installation, etc ...) until the completion of this operation. Thank you for kindness! Wait for response! A great day!...
  10. How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system

How can I make a USB stick to recover the operating system: Hello, Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me to make a USB stick for recovery of the operating system. The steps I have to do for this operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A great day!...