Windows 10: How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

Discus and support How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In the above screenshot this service is set to manual automatically and I want to change it to Automatic startup but it is greyed out. Due to this my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bhuvan Venkat Ganesh, Apr 1, 2023.

1. How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

In the above screenshot this service is set to manual automatically and I want to change it to Automatic startup but it is greyed out. Due to this my Windows Security is taking so long to open , according to me. Please help

:)

Bhuvan Venkat Ganesh, Apr 1, 2023

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 1, 2023
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Avedis53 Win User

How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

1. How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out - Similar Threads - set Security Service

2. How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we set the Windows Security Service to Automatic startup when this option is greyed out: In the above screenshot this service is set to manual automatically and I want to change it to Automatic startup but it is greyed out. Due to this my Windows Security is taking so long to open , according to me. Please help...
  3. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?: Hi,I notice that my Intel RST is not running - and the startup has ground to a dead slow 11 mins to get to opening a browser.I've gotten rid of all non-windows applications from my startup.When I tell Intel RST to start from Services, run as Administrator, it doesn't.When I...
  4. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?: Hi,I notice that my Intel RST is not running - and the startup has ground to a dead slow 11 mins to get to opening a browser.I've gotten rid of all non-windows applications from my startup.When I tell Intel RST to start from Services, run as Administrator, it doesn't.When I...
  5. Can I set 'Windows management service' to startup automatically?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Security Service set to manual start, with no option to switch to automatic and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Service set to manual start, with no option to switch to automatic and...: I upgraded to win11 22H2, Windows Security is not working and the fixes found online; https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-security-health-service-started-stopped/didn't solve the problem. Although the path to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SecurityHealthService.exe" was wrong...
  7. Windows Security Service set to manual start, with no option to switch to automatic and...

Windows Security Service set to manual start, with no option to switch to automatic and...: I upgraded to win11 22H2, Windows Security is not working and the fixes found online; https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/windows-security-health-service-started-stopped/didn't solve the problem. Although the path to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SecurityHealthService.exe" was wrong...
  8. windows update options under general settings in services is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update options under general settings in services is greyed out: Hello sir, i am not able to change my windows update settings in services in which startup type is greyed out completely not able to change and also stop, pause, resume, apply buttons also greyed out that is disabled completely and also in the services status of windows...
  9. Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Security Edit Option Greyed Out: Am trying to uninstall printer driver software in Windows 10, but get a message that I need permission from SYSTEM. I tried to change the security properties in the referenced folder, but all the edit options are greyed out. Thoughts?...
  10. windows services greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    windows services greyed out: hi there, I'm having this problem in windows services, windows update service is greyed out and I can't change from automatic to manual, and windows Installer have the same problem. I want to be able to change to manual, I have try with admin account still nothing. Any help...