Windows 10: How Can we Speed up Updates???

Discus and support How Can we Speed up Updates??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has been on Fast Ring for awhile now. Seems that recently updates have become more furious. Also, I can't seem to pause them until end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kai Ponte, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Kai Ponte Win User

How Can we Speed up Updates???

My laptop has been on Fast Ring for awhile now. Seems that recently updates have become more furious. Also, I can't seem to pause them until end of day. Just now, I was editing a PHP file for an old website when my laptop rebooted. On top of that on my laptop and enterprise destkops, I see that updates take forever.

How Can we Speed up Updates??? 5f9f7d90-9d53-4cd8-bae8-fc38ce9145a9?upload=true.jpg

I am so sick of the spinning circle on my PCs. it was bad enough on the Windows Phone devices but this is just ridiculous. What is Microsoft doing to speed this process up?

:)

Kai Ponte, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 15, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How Can we Speed up Updates??? - Similar Threads - Speed Updates

2. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not: i have set the update speed of task manager to high and upon afresh reset of the computer it works as accordingly, but after some time of the PC being on not sure of how long the computer's task manager speed grows slow, generally not at an useable rate, even closing it seems...
  3. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not: i have set the update speed of task manager to high and upon afresh reset of the computer it works as accordingly, but after some time of the PC being on not sure of how long the computer's task manager speed grows slow, generally not at an useable rate, even closing it seems...
  4. Task Manager doesn't auto update at correct speed even if i manually try to reload, it does not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??: Hi, I've been streaming quiet a lot lately; it's been going quiet well till this. Ever since I updated Windows 10, my upload speed tend to drop down quiet a ton. I have no clue what it is and it's kind of stressing me out. My ISP says that it's fine on both sides. So a help...
  6. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??: Hi, I've been streaming quiet a lot lately; it's been going quiet well till this. Ever since I updated Windows 10, my upload speed tend to drop down quiet a ton. I have no clue what it is and it's kind of stressing me out. My ISP says that it's fine on both sides. So a help...
  7. Windows 10 Update Affecting My Upload Speed??

8. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  9. Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read And Write Speed Drop / Performance Drop After Windows 11 23h2 Update: Hi.I have an Acer Aspire e5-473. and for all of its lifetime up until late October, the laptop has run most games that I play completely fine, clocking over 100-150 FPS in games like Minecraft Java, Bedrock Edition, and Roblox running at low graph settings. and about 200 -...
  10. Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is EXTREMELY slow download speed: I'm stuck at 60% downloading and I had very fast Internet and I'm using wired Internet PLEASE FIX ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-is-extremely-slow-download-speed/0e9aaa3d-81d7-4ccc-b037-9d2a5ea162e8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can we speed up this update please