Windows 10: How Can we Speed up Updates???

Discus and support How Can we Speed up Updates??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop has been on Fast Ring for awhile now. Seems that recently updates have become more furious. Also, I can't seem to pause them until end of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kai Ponte, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Kai Ponte Win User

How Can we Speed up Updates???

My laptop has been on Fast Ring for awhile now. Seems that recently updates have become more furious. Also, I can't seem to pause them until end of day. Just now, I was editing a PHP file for an old website when my laptop rebooted. On top of that on my laptop and enterprise destkops, I see that updates take forever.

How Can we Speed up Updates??? 5f9f7d90-9d53-4cd8-bae8-fc38ce9145a9?upload=true.jpg

I am so sick of the spinning circle on my PCs. it was bad enough on the Windows Phone devices but this is just ridiculous. What is Microsoft doing to speed this process up?

:)

Kai Ponte, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 15, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Thank you for your reply.

Some users have reported that they're experiencing some computer issues after installing KB4074588. In this case, we suggest uninstalling the said update by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Update & security.
    • Click Update history.
    • Under Update history, click Uninstall updates.
    • Highlight KB4074588, then click Uninstall (beside Organize).

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. How Can we Speed up Updates??? - Similar Threads - Speed Updates

2. 1903 update reduced RAM speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1903 update reduced RAM speed: Hi all, Recently updated Windows 10 ver. 1809 to ver. 1903, and Windows now reports my total RAM speed as 2133 MHz. Before it was operating at 2400 MHz. 2400 is what the current processor supports. AIDA64 reports effective RAM speed is now 2133 MHz (which is what Task Man...
  3. You can soon limit Windows 10 Updates download speeds with value

in Windows 10 News
    You can soon limit Windows 10 Updates download speeds with value: With Windows 10 20H1 update, Microsoft is planning to give you more control of Windows Update’s downloads. In Windows 10 Build 18912, Microsoft has introduced advanced bandwidth settings for Windows Update that will finally allow users to limit the download speeds with...
  4. After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?: I just updated Windows 10 Pro from 1809 to 1903. Following this update I have now noticed that the RAM speed has dropped to 933 MHz from 1866 MHz!! I use HyperX Fury Black 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory. [img] Here's a print screen of the memory being displayed in my...
  5. After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1903 update my RAM Speed is now 933 MHz instead of 1866 MHz!?: I just updated Windows 10 Pro from 1809 to 1903. Following this update I have now noticed that the RAM speed has dropped to 933 MHz from 1866 MHz!! I use HyperX Fury Black 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory. [img] Here's a print screen of the memory being displayed in my...
  6. Indexing speed slows to a crawl after Windows October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing speed slows to a crawl after Windows October 2018 update: I rely heavily on the Windows 10 search/index feature on a daily basis. Prior to the most recent Windows update, rebuilding a new index never took more than a few hours tops... I have a few 100K items to index, including multiple large Outlook pst archives. But no big deal...
  7. Indexing speed slows to a crawl after Windows October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing speed slows to a crawl after Windows October 2018 update: I rely heavily on the Windows 10 search/index feature on a daily basis. Prior to the most recent Windows update, rebuilding a new index never took more than a few hours tops... I have a few 100K items to index, including multiple large Outlook pst archives. But no big deal...
  8. Slow speed after a Windows 10 update ? - Here's an easy fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow speed after a Windows 10 update ? - Here's an easy fix: Solution for slow speed after a Windows Update First, is your PC a desktop or a laptop ? If it's a desktop, go straight to Step 2 Step 1 (for laptops only - see the Postscript below for the reason) Do a “Cold Shutdown” and Restart - First do a Shut-down - Then...
  9. Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which Windows 10 updates can I safely uninstall to speed up computer?: We purchased my work computer about a little over a year ago, lightning fast gaming computer with VR support and everything! Its been great for running all my Adobe programs! And now today, it literally takes me 15-20 minutes for the computer to fully boot up and load up...
  10. Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Internet Speeds after Windows Update 1809: Be advised your internet download speed as tested at speedtest.net or fast.com may drop to around 5Mbps after Windows update 1809 is applied. Your upload speed will remain unaffected. The fix is to update your network card/chip drivers. This problem should have been...