Windows 10: How can windows 10 run and start faster?

Discus and support How can windows 10 run and start faster? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Did you find that your win10 is really slow, especially if you have installed a beta version of your partner? That's the feeling It's really nobody! In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by £Kile:-, Jan 14, 2020.

1. £Kile:- Win User

How can windows 10 run and start faster?

Did you find that your win10 is really slow, especially if you have installed a beta version of your partner? That's the feeling It's really nobody! In fact, win10 will be much slower than the old version after each upgrade. As long as the new security features are added, the system speed will be hindered. But this is not to say that after upgrading win10, we must accept its "bird spirit". There are many ways to make your system run like flying.
    Visit:
    Microsoft China official mall windows
    1. Turn off unnecessary services
    There are some services in win10 that do not need to be opened, such as connected user experiences and telemetry, which is a peripheral service of Microsoft. It is mainly used to collect error information, and closing has little impact on the system, but opening will greatly drag down the system. There are several similar services in win10, which we can usually choose according to our own needs.
    To close the service, win + R calls up the run dialog box, enters "services. MSc" to start the service panel, then enters the initial of the service to be disabled, and then double-click "disable".
    Turn off unnecessary services
    *Connected user experiences and telemetry: used to collect error information. It consumes a lot of hard disk and is the culprit of many low configuration computers.
    *Diagnostic execution service: diagnostic execution service, which is used to perform diagnostic operations supported by fault diagnosis. The effect is similar to connected user experiences and telemetry.
    *Sysmain: the former superfetch has a certain effect on the mechanical hard disk, but the solid-state hard disk has little effect, and it is often the culprit that causes the CPU occupation to soar by 100%. If the user is using SSD, and the physical memory is large, you can consider shutting down.
    *Windows search: windows search service, which is used to search files quickly. But this is a service that often checks the water meter in the background of the system. In many cases, when the computer is in standby mode, the hard disk light is always on, which is its "credit". In addition, the activity history in the new version of win10 also depends on the service. If the SSD is installed and there is no sense of "activity history", you can consider turning it off. Especially for low configuration computers, the performance improvement is very obvious.
    2. Periodic optimization of SSD
    There will be "speed drop" after the solid-state hard disk is used for a long time. On the one hand, there is too little space left in the hard disk, on the other hand, the main control fails to implement garbage collection in time. Win10 has a built-in solid-state hard disk garbage collection function trim, which is located in "this computer" → "hard disk drive" → "properties" → "tools" → "optimization" label. You will find that win10 is actually very intelligent, able to accurately identify the solid-state hard disk and the mechanical hard disk the prompt is "hard disk drive". The mechanical hard disk performs defragmentation, and the solid-state hard disk is trim.
    Manual on solid state drive trim, attention! Optimization here is not defragmentation
    In addition, hard disk optimization also supports regular execution, that is, it can be automatically optimized according to the time set by the user. In other words, if you feel the system is not working smoothly, you can use this function to keep the SSD in the best working condition at any time.
    3. Close the DIPM energy saving mechanism
    DIPM, serial ATA DIPM. The standard explanation is the additional power saving mode of serial port. This function actually means to reduce the power supply of hard disk serial port when the system is idle, so as to make SSD enter the state of low power consumption and energy saving. Due to different platforms, the performance of DIPM in actual use is not stable enough. Most of the time, the computer appears stuck. After 1-2 seconds, it is the pot of DIPM again! In fact, saving electricity is not a problem for desktops at all, but the emergence of carton is really a headache.
    You can turn off the DIPM through the Intel SSD toolbox and the hard disk manufacturer's own management program. In addition, you can find the serial ATA DIPM in the BIOS of the motherboard and turn it off manually.
    Turn off the DIPM function through the SSD manufacturer tool
    In addition, "PCI Express" → "link state power management" in the "Power Options" of the operating system will also trigger the energy-saving mode of SSD. If you are using a desktop computer, you can bypass the SSD energy-saving mode by setting this option to "off".
    The link state power management in the power options also triggers the SSD to enter power saving mode
    4. Close interface effects
    There are many special effects in win10, which makes some low-end computers very stuck when running this operating system. In fact, many special effects do not need to be fully loaded, especially some fade in and fade out effects. In actual use, the visual sense is not different, but rather consumes resources. By turning them off, you can greatly improve the fluency while keeping the appearance of the system basically the same.
    Turn off unnecessary interface effects to greatly improve the system fluency
    5. Close the patch of "ghost vulnerability"
    "Meltdown" and "spectre" are two vulnerabilities that have attracted much attention in the past period. One is that these two vulnerabilities are implemented directly for the CPU regardless of the platform, which covers a wide range. On the other hand, Intel, a large processor factory, has launched two temporary patches to ease the media pressure, which has led to a significant decline in win10 performance directly shutting down the CPU Out of order execution and branch prediction.
    In fact, the two loopholes are exaggerated by the media. So far, we haven't heard of any virus that exploits this vulnerability. On the other hand, the probability of the confidential data involved in the home computer is very low, so the average user doesn't need to worry about it. However, the drag of vulnerability patches on computer performance is real, especially for some four or five generations of old platforms, the drag effect is very obvious.
    The system performance can be significantly improved after the patch is closed the display "enable" indicates that the current patch is disabled
    If the user's requirements for performance are much higher than security, then the lost performance can be recovered by closing the vulnerability patch. The way to do this is with the help of a model called
    "Insectre" green gadget, after opening the software, the program will automatically evaluate the performance impact of the patch on the current computer, and the following two buttons can directly disable the relevant patch.
    6. Turn off system protection
    "System protection" is a built-in function of win10, which is used to save system files and win10 key settings on a regular basis. When there is a major system event such as system error or driver installation failure on the computer, it can quickly recover to normal state through this function. However, how many times have you and I used such a "useful" function? I haven't used it nearly once, have I! In fact, it looks good just like the ghost patch above, but it is rarely used by people. On the contrary, it will take up a lot of system resources and drag down the overall performance.
    Turn off system protection
    The way to turn off is very simple. Right click "this computer" → "properties", click "advanced system settings", then switch to "system protection" tab "→" configuration ", and finally click" disable system protection "to turn off the system protection function.
    7. Turn off Windows Defender
    Many people think that they will automatically disable the built-in Windows Defender of win10 after installing the third-party security software, but in fact, in the new version of win10 after 19h1, such operation does not prohibit Windows Defender. This leads to the important problem that your computer is actually operated by two sets of security tools.
    Windows defender has become part of win10 system
    Installing multiple security tools on the same computer has always been a big taboo of system operation, which is mainly due to the particularity of security tools, and the external performance is that the whole system is slow to run, or even unable to run.
    Windows Defender can be completely disabled by group policy
    To close, enter gpedit.msc in the search box to open the Group Policy Editor, then expand computer configuration → management template → windows components → Windows Defender antivirus program, double-click close windows defender antivirus program in the right pane, and change the option to enabled.
    8. Turn off quick start
    "Quick start" is a special function in win10, which can make the operating system start in a few seconds. It has high practicability. But in fact, it's just Microsoft's lab data. In reality, you may encounter more compatibility problems than you even think. So if your computer often gets stuck and you can't find a reason, try turning off "fast start" for a while. It may work wonders.
    Turn off quick start
    To turn off the method, enter "power" in Cortana search box to turn on the "power and sleep" option, then click "other power options" → "select power button function", click "change currently unavailable settings" in the panel, and then cancel the check box before "enable quick start recommended".
    9. SSD 4K alignment
    If you use a solid-state drive, but you don't feel much faster than the previous mechanical drive, you need to check whether 4K is aligned.
    The figure shows that the current partition 4K is aligned
    4K alignment is not only an indicator of hard disk partition, but also a destructive indicator, that is, when your system is installed and has personal data, it is difficult to align again lossless alignment takes a lot of time, which is not cost-effective for individual users. There is a very simple way to view the alignment of the hard disk, which is to use as SSD benchmark. If the hard disk partition 4K is found to be misaligned mainly the system disk, the best way is to partition the system disk again partition through win10 installer, i.e. 4K is automatically aligned.
    Written in the end
    In fact, every operating system will encounter similar problems when it comes to the market. The kernel is bloated, the security properties are increased, the UI interface is more dazzling, and the hardware configuration is aging , each item can make your master plane overburdened. Although the most thorough way is to upgrade the configuration, optimizing the software properly can also rejuvenate your computer!

:)

£Kile:-, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2020
  3. How can windows 10 run and start faster?

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

How can windows 10 run and start faster?

1. How can windows 10 run and start faster? - Similar Threads - run start faster

2. How to make Windows 10 start faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 start faster: https://bit.ly/3HP2zBq Go onto the link to download the video. How do I fix this? It literally takes 2 or more minutes to start and some weird black screen occurs for so long. Also how do I disable the logo of my monitor showing in startup? is it possible? Can anyone help me...
  3. How to make Windows 10 start faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Windows 10 start faster: https://bit.ly/3HP2zBq Go onto the link to download the video. How do I fix this? It literally takes 2 or more minutes to start and some weird black screen occurs for so long. Also how do I disable the logo of my monitor showing in startup? is it possible? Can anyone help me...
  4. How to make Windows 10 start faster

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  6. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  7. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

How can I get Start Menu to open faster?: The first time I try to open my Start Menu each day it takes 30 or more seconds for the window to open. What can I do to get my Start Menu to open faster? Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 64-bit Dell I5-2400 3.10 GHZ 4 GB RAM...
  9. it How can I make my games run faster?

it How can I make my games run faster?: So my mom got me this laptop for Christmas, it's a windows 10 education and it has 8bg ram with a 64-bit processor. However, my games still run very slow. Could it be because it's education edition? I can't change it to pro because my mom it got online used and it didn't come...
  10. Tweak or "run faster"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweak or "run faster": Most folks have their own opinions so give me a few on if any software programs out there actually worth the time? "Brink is God"*chuckle 65030