Windows 10: How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572

Discus and support How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The last thing I want on my PCs is a @#$@ PIN. However, on a new machine I just set up ,. I could not get beyond a certain point without being forced... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nigel99, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Nigel99 Win User

How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572

The last thing I want on my PCs is a @#$@ PIN. However, on a new machine I just set up ,. I could not get beyond a certain point without being forced to set up a censored PIN.

My other machines same Microsoft account do not use a PIN. I initially used the same simple 4 digit PIN that I have used in the past, which was a nuisance but did not cause too much problem. At least I was able to enable the password logon option which is all that is active on my other machines. Then I got a message the the PIN did not meet policy and it was not satisfied without a 6 digit PIN.

Since I did that, although I sign in with password, this machine does not see others on my home network that do not use Hello.

In the sign in options "Require Windows Hello sign in for Microsoft accounts" is turned off. However the sign in option "Windows Hello PIN" shows that it is set up but while the "Change" button is active the "Remove" button is disabled.

This Hello function is like built in Malware!

:)

Nigel99, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 SDK for Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041 now available

Source: Start Developing on Windows 10, version 2004 Today - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
  3. PIN Box Missing - After Update - Windows Hello

Thank you for all the information.

To assist you better with your concern, we suggest that you disable Windows Hello. This should prevent you from getting issues in logging-in to your computer.

To do it, kindly follow the steps below:

• On your Cortana, type "Settings", and then press Enter.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options.
    • Disable Windows Hello.

Let us know how it goes.

Jhessica Sur, Oct 28, 2020
  4. How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572

Disable installation of Feature Update 2004

About 2 weeks ago, version 2004 showed up on the Updates list and automatically installed. Upon completion of the install, the computer was completely unusable: no application would load; those that started would hang and eventually (5 minutes) fail. To
    attempt to remove the update, I had to force a power off (mirrored drives really don't like that!) and then was finally able to use to Recovery under Updates to remove about 95% of the update. After the require restart and while checking what was or was not
    working, Updates (of course) reinstalled 2004. Repeat: Recovery and Remove 95% (95% of 95% = 90% Usable). Attempting to use MS questions area, the only suggestion was to Disable the Updates Service which, of course, means no further security or usability
    patches.

All of that overly long explanation is by way of saying: I have attempted the only other option given here for removing 2004. At the moment, the Update Service is Disabled (PS: if you leave it at Manual, it will eventually start up and 2004 will commence
    its installation). So, the question: is there ANY way to disable the attempt by Update Service to install version 2004? I don't mean "install and wait for a couple of patches", I mean permanent tell Windows to NOT attempt to install 2004? My computer works
    just fine without the feature updates and does not work AT ALL *with* the updates. Prior versions and other patches allow for the update to be Hidden and ignored; Feature Update 2004 will install if the service is running and there appears to be no way to
    abort/hide/ignore the update.

Any suggestions??

CLJohnson999, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572

1. How can you disable HELLO Windows 2004 19041.572 - Similar Threads - disable HELLO 2004

2. how to disable windows hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows hello?: my friend and i are sharing a Minecraft account and when i go to log in on Minecraft launcher, it forces me to use windows hello. it then makes me use my friends pin to set up windows hello but neither of up want windows hello. there is no option to not use it, I've gone to...
  3. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Windows Hello: Hi,I have a new laptop with windows 10, but I'm having problems to configure my user account. I have not discovered yet how to type the question mark on the new keyboard, sorryOn my current laptop the old one I log in using my online email and everything works fine.On the new...
  4. How to disable Windows Hello

How to disable Windows Hello: Hi,I have a new laptop with windows 10, but I'm having problems to configure my user account. I have not discovered yet how to type the question mark on the new keyboard, sorryOn my current laptop the old one I log in using my online email and everything works fine.On the new...
  5. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Windows Hello: I tried every way I could find to remove Windows Hello, specifically the PIN, and none of them worked. the remove button is greyed out and I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. How to disable Windows Hello

How to disable Windows Hello: I tried every way I could find to remove Windows Hello, specifically the PIN, and none of them worked. the remove button is greyed out and I don't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. How to disable Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to disable Windows Hello?

How to disable Windows Hello?: Can I just get rid of this please- it's an innovation that makes life more difficult [Original Title: Windows Hello] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-windows-hello/1a7d64bf-110f-4a4b-92d1-67c90cdeb60a
  10. How to disable Windows Hello

How to disable Windows Hello: I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except...