Windows 10: How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school?

Discus and support How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With my daughter attending virtual school this fall, I need her to use her child account on my laptop on occasion. Unfortunately, the default security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tim C. HSW, Sep 3, 2020.

1. How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school?

With my daughter attending virtual school this fall, I need her to use her child account on my laptop on occasion. Unfortunately, the default security settings apparently will not allow access to the camera. This would normally be fine, but kids this year need web cams for school, so we need a way to, say, whitelist a domain or instance via adult/admin credentials, unless there's some other option already available. Is this possible?

:)

Tim C. HSW, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

I have been struggling with this all afternoon but i think i have resolved the issue! If you login to your outlook/microsoft account (as an adult) and click family in the dropdown list, scroll down beyond the childrens’ accounts until you get to Manage My
    Child’s Profile Info (NOT Manage Permissions). Click this and then click manage this child’s access to 3rd party apps. Enable this and bob’s your uncle!

DariusCavina, Sep 3, 2020
  4. How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school?

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school?

1. How can you enable camera access on a child account in Windows 10 for virtual school? - Similar Threads - enable camera access

2. Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?: Hi,Both of my highschool aged kids 11 and 13, have laptops for school.They are both administers for their own laptops but are linked onto my family safety.We are trying to set up Windows Hello fingerprint access but both of their computers say "this option is currently...
  3. Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you access Windows Hello access on a child's laptop?: Hi,Both of my highschool aged kids 11 and 13, have laptops for school.They are both administers for their own laptops but are linked onto my family safety.We are trying to set up Windows Hello fingerprint access but both of their computers say "this option is currently...
  4. How to access a childs account that is locked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to access a childs account that is locked: I created a child account by adding it to our family account. As part of this process it created the microsoft account @outlook and I assigned a password. The account has never been used or accessed or signed in to. When I tried to access it for the first time to log into the...
  5. can you enable local email account in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you enable local email account in Windows 10?: I absolutely HATE Microsoft outlook mail!! Hate it! I read online that Windows 10 will not accept a local account. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-enable-local-email-account-in-windows-10/eff5b10c-96e8-4c8f-8e02-731f705025d7
  6. How to enable third party software access on my child's account in Windows 10 laptop?

How to enable third party software access on my child's account in Windows 10 laptop?: On the Family Microsoft Dashboard page, I clicked on "Manager my child's profile info". [ATTACH] Then this page popped up, but it did not give me any option to enable third party software access on my child's Microsoft account. When I clicked on "view your family settings",...
  7. HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO ENABLE VIRTUALIZATION: Hi, May you help me to enable virtualisation setting on my WINDOWS 10 HP PC ? But I am not getting System Configuration option when I click F10 at the starting of boot process. [IMG] [IMG]...
  8. Child Microsoft Windows 10 Account/Xbox Live Account/School 365 Account

Child Microsoft Windows 10 Account/Xbox Live Account/School 365 Account: Hi. I am new to Windows but needing to set my son up. I don't understand how I should setup his Windows 10 login? remember - total beginner at this! So, what I want to do is set my son up as a child account. Am I right in saying Microsoft recommend you log in with a...
  9. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

Enable 3rd party access to a child account: I am trying to enable access to 3rd party apps for my daughter's child account. When attempting to add outlook.com to Mail app on iOS, it is asking me to go to account.live.com/mk to enable 3rd party access to her account. when i go to that link, only 1 of my 4 children are...
  10. Child Account Access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child Account Access: I created an account on a new laptop for my child, but as soon as I completed the process, it said the password was incorrect. I tried multiple versions of what I used, but nothing worked. I cannot get into the account. The account is listed under my account in family, but...