Windows 10: HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10?

Discus and support HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10? and how do I turn off laptop display and just use monitor?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavaU, May 20, 2019.

1. DavaU Win User

HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10?

HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10?

and how do I turn off laptop display and just use monitor?

New Dell aptop 7940 won't let me do this like old dell laptop.

:)

DavaU, May 20, 2019

2. Win 10 1607 sound speakers and headphones

No errors and all troubleshooting step to include having Microsoft support take over my desktop twice stepping back to Win 10 1511 which works fine then reloading Win 10 1607 which still failed to fix it. The only fix was to buy Headphones with a USB
    connection which work, but my plug in 3.5 mm jacks do not as sound plays from both headset and main speakers and support tech said I should wait for up dated sound drivers to make the 3.5 mm jacks work because the second level Microsoft tech could not fix
    it.

Motoring on,

Nick Ferrantino

(713)802-9393

NicholasFerrantino, May 20, 2019
  3. All sound playing through speakers instead of headphones

Hi Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which update caused this issue. Share the KB number.

I understand that the audio is playing through speakers in your Windows 10 laptop

Follow the steps and check if it helps.

Method :

I would also suggest you to make your headphone as the default device when it is plugged in.

This may happen when you have the external speakers set to default.

Perform the task mentioned below to set headphones as default:

1. On the start screen of windows 10 press the ‘Windows key + X’ key on the keyboard and then click on control panel and then Hardware and sound option.

2. Click in Sound, then a new window will open up.

3. In the new windows click on the tab "Playback" and right click in the window and click on Show Disabled devices.

4. Now check if headphones are listed there and right click on it and choose enable.

5. Highlight that headphones and click on "Set as Default".

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 20, 2019
  4. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. HOW can you make headphones and laptop or display play sounds at same time in Win 10? - Similar Threads - headphones laptop display

2. My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time: I updated my Lenovo laptop to Windows 11, and when the computer is making sounds like watching videos, my headphones and the laptop speakers are playing simultaneously. Is there a fix?...
  3. My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My headphones and my laptop speakers make sounds at the same time: I updated my Lenovo laptop to Windows 11, and when the computer is making sounds like watching videos, my headphones and the laptop speakers are playing simultaneously. Is there a fix?...
  4. Headphones and speakers playing at the same time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Headphones and speakers playing at the same time: Yesterday i was trying to fix an issue with microphone echo on my new lenovo laptop which led to me reintalling my audio drivers after this both my speakers and headphones are playing at the same time. my headphones are not showing up in playback devices or recording devices...
  5. how to make sound play only on headphones in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to make sound play only on headphones in window 10: how to make sound play on headphones only in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-sound-play-only-on-headphones-in/74460dcb-7d03-4419-b605-cc02a4c02b7d
  6. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time: Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed as...
  7. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...
  8. Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound from both headphones and built in speakers on laptop at the same time: Why is my music playing out of the built in speakers and my headphones on my laptop at the same time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-from-both-headphones-and-built-in-speakers/21dbfcf6-c93d-45e4-8e33-56e17f6ac7cd
  9. How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get headphones and speakers to stop playing at same time?: I bought a new laptop, and when I plugged my headphones in, my laptop wasn't recognizing them. It was seeing them as a mic and sound just kept playing over the speaker. I messed around and now I can plug headphones in and they are working but my speakers are now playing...
  10. Can you use HDMI, Display port at the same time?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can you use HDMI, Display port at the same time?: I'm using the built in intel graphics (HD Graphics 4600) my motherboard has HDMI,Display port. I would like to use two monitors for extended desktop. I don't know if it will work or if i should just buy a dedicated card. 98773