Windows 10: How can you Remove Indexing in Windows 10

Discus and support How can you Remove Indexing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could someone explain how to remove windows indexing. And I mean by Modifying the ISO so that the Following Item is Un-Ticked;--- In My Computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sparks79, Dec 28, 2018.

1. sparks79 Win User

How can you Remove Indexing in Windows 10

Could someone explain how to remove windows indexing.
    And I mean by Modifying the ISO so that the Following Item is Un-Ticked;---
    In My Computer, Select The Properties of your HDD.
    Now Under General, to have The Tick Removed from ( allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties ).
    Because it can take some time to Complete if you Untick it Manually.
    So if the ISO,Image or Registry is Modified in such a way that Windows Indexing is Disabled .
    As far as I know that in Services, by disabling Windows Search , that Disables Indexing.
    But The Tick is still there in Drive Properties

:)

sparks79, Dec 28, 2018

2. windows 10 indexing and removing web results revisited

Hi,

Win 10 Pro version 1607

There alot of posts on these topics, and at least some are outdated. Hoping for some new insight that I couldn't find amongst all the older posts.

• Cortana web search suggestions interfere substantially in the usability of Windows 10 search functionality for me. How do I remove them entirely from the list of suggested results? There no longer seems to be a setting in Cortana to disable this.
    • Indexing has been "completed" on this new Windows 10 Pro machine. I have a 1TB data drive with 500GB of documents, images, videos, etc. The data drive is included in the indexed locations. Identically named files in one folder on the drive show up in
      search results, while those in another folder do not show up. Some word documents show up, others don't. Folder names also do not show up in the search results. The contents of this data drive were previously on a data drive in a Win7 machine, where the
      indexing and search results were instant, comprehensive, and accurate: the results list included any match or partial match of a file name, folder name, or (for certain file types) document content. How do I achieve a comparable level of performance in Windows
      10?
    Things I have tried:

• Running the troubleshooter as an administrator: no suggestions.
    • Rebuilding the index. I am unclear whether I "did this as an administrator". I did it while logged in as an administrator, but I cannot right click and run the Indexing Options "as an administrator".
    • I have verified that text document types (word docs, txt, etc.) have both properties and contents indexed.
    Thanks

Russell

RussellWyeth, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Index locations not all showing up in search

Hello,

There might be some settings missing or corrupted.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to remove the D drive from the indexing and run the indexing troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

• Click on “Search and Indexing” to run the troubleshooter.

Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Method 2:

Re –build the indexing by adding the D drive and verify the result.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How can you Remove Indexing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Indexing

2. Remove multiple indexes with dism

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove multiple indexes with dism: Hello,I downloaded the ISO image of windows 11 multi edition. I want to keep the first index which is Windows 11 Home.I use the following command : dism /delete-image /imagefile:"f:\media\fr\sources\install.wim" /index:2 /checkintegritySo I must to execute this command 10...
  3. Remove multiple indexes with dism

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove multiple indexes with dism: Hello,I downloaded the ISO image of windows 11 multi edition. I want to keep the first index which is Windows 11 Home.I use the following command : dism /delete-image /imagefile:"f:\media\fr\sources\install.wim" /index:2 /checkintegritySo I must to execute this command 10...
  4. Remove search results from start menu "type here to search" without losing local indexing

in Cortana
    Remove search results from start menu "type here to search" without losing local indexing: I have a computer I'd like to only access a few domains through a managed browser Chrome. Using Microsoft's family safety app, I've blocked all unwanted apps and other browsers. However, the start menu still allows for unfiltered access to the web thanks to built-in bing...
  5. windows indexing options - removable drives - keep disappearing from included locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows indexing options - removable drives - keep disappearing from included locations: hi i have a windows 10 pc. i mount removable drives to the pc's Y & Z. i open 'indexing options'. i add Y & Z. Y & Z are indexed. i reboot the pc perhaps even put pc to hibernate then bring back from hibernate even tho removable drives still attached. i remount the...
  6. Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has Microsoft removed File Indexing File Contents for OneDrive in the latest release of...: The OneDrive location is no longer visible or selectable from within File Indexing options. This seems like a deliberate choice as that folder can be seen by other apps and settings panels. I fear Microsoft has disabled this feature. Am I right?...
  7. Why are the options to remove folders / HDDs from Indexer Grayed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are the options to remove folders / HDDs from Indexer Grayed out?: I try to remove the Drive D from the indexer but this seems not possible. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-options-to-remove-folders-hdds-from/74101d44-91c6-40db-88c5-585bc3e3fc9a
  8. How can you Remove Indexing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can you Remove Indexing: I work a lot with Nlite, Customizing my windows 10 ISO for a Clean and Less Bloated Installation. One of the things I have never been able to remove is Indexing, let me explain. On a clean install if you go to Computer/c:/drive/properties/general, there is a box at the bottom...
  9. EDB index search database file -- can I locate on a removable hard drive?

in Cortana
    EDB index search database file -- can I locate on a removable hard drive?: I just indexed a 2 TB USB-attached, external hard drive on my Windows 10 Enterprise laptop. The indexing was added to the *.edb file located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications. The process increased the size of the "Windows.edb" file by about 4 GB. There is...
  10. Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10: How to: Disable Adding Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Adding Locations on Removable Drives to Index and Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want...