Windows 10: How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

Discus and support How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LadyOpaque, Apr 6, 2019.

1. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in advance.

:)

LadyOpaque, Apr 6, 2019

2. Internet Explorer 11- Websites telling me to upgrade to latest version

Hi,

If you're really using IE11 and not Edge...

Compatibility Mode may be causing these messages.

Compatibility View tells websites that you're running an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

From IE> Tools (or Alt + t) Compatibility View Settings, verify that the site is not in the list and uncheck 'Use Microsoft compatibility lists'

Don

Don Varnau, Apr 6, 2019
  3. r00n Win User
    How to tell if DDR2 uses Micron chips

Easy. Just have a look on my DDR2 RAM List. In this case, you can also find the official list from Corsair here.

r00n, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

1. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that... - Similar Threads - tell website really

2. Can you tell me how to get it to open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you tell me how to get it to open: when I try to log in to my computer it says Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. Clicked set up my PIN. Then it say The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded....
  3. Can you tell me how to get it to open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me how to get it to open: when I try to log in to my computer it says Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again. Clicked set up my PIN. Then it say The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded....
  4. can anyone tell what this is?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  5. can anyone tell what this is?

can anyone tell what this is?: Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 117Parameter 1: ffffa80a13e65010Parameter 2: fffff8056d5c60c8Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 44cOS version: 10_0_19042Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 1033...
  6. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  7. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  8. can you tell me how to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can you tell me how to: help I cavnt really do anything its really messes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-tell-me-how-to/42d5e620-e771-4014-bfb5-e30feef462ef
  9. How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can you tell if you are signing in with MS account?: Would like to know how to use MS account vice local. Right now I do not know how I am since installation did not seem to allow any change from the start....
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...