Windows 10: How change back to English?

Discus and support How change back to English? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all: When the w10 boot-up or updating or changing, it often shows/reminds you the processing, such as: Welcome, waiting, shutting down,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HonglinZhao, Jan 27, 2021.

1. How change back to English?

Hello all:

When the w10 boot-up or updating or changing, it often shows/reminds you the processing,

such as: Welcome, waiting, shutting down, ...........

All the "REMINDINGs" of my w10, are all in ENGLISH since the very beginning.

BUT, during the pasted many years, these "REMINDINGs" changed into "CHINESE"

gradually!!

How can I change them back into ENGLISH??!!

Thanks! --- Zhao

:)

HonglinZhao, Jan 27, 2021

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 27, 2021
  3. viki2000 Win User
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Jan 27, 2021
  4. How change back to English?

How can I change my setting to english(Ireland)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click Time and language

3. Click "region and language" and choose the appropriate region from the drop down list.

4. Under "language", click "add language" and select "English".

5. Under English, choose "English(Ireland)".

6. Once its downloaded, click English(Ireland) and click "set it as default".

7. Restart the computer and check.

Also, try these steps:

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Click "language". If you don't see language, change the category to "small view" from the drop down list.

4. Under "change your language preference", make sure that English(Ireland) is at the top of the list

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

How change back to English?

1. How change back to English? - Similar Threads - change English

2. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  3. Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart.: My "windows display language" is English US , but my region, first language and keyboard are "Belgian French AZERTY". I cannot prevent Windows to change the keyboard to "English US QWERTY" on each restart. This problem occurs for years, with both Windows 10 and Windows 11 and...
  4. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  5. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  6. How can I change the Mircrosoft store language to english instead of the local country?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the Mircrosoft store language to english instead of the local country?: I'm trying to purchase a Windows license and the purchase page always defaults to the local country's language. It's 2024, I shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party translator to purchase a product. Is there a solution for this?...
  7. How can I change the Mircrosoft store language to english instead of the local country?

How can I change the Mircrosoft store language to english instead of the local country?: I'm trying to purchase a Windows license and the purchase page always defaults to the local country's language. It's 2024, I shouldn't have to rely on a 3rd party translator to purchase a product. Is there a solution for this?...
  8. File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...: On Windows 11, after installing the French France Language pack after that logged out and logged in. Then changed the Region to French France. From then on wards, File Explorer is crashing when tried to open. File Explorer is not crashing when launched as separate process say...
  9. File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...

File Explorer is crashing in Windows 11 when Region is changed from English India to French...: On Windows 11, after installing the French France Language pack after that logged out and logged in. Then changed the Region to French France. From then on wards, File Explorer is crashing when tried to open. File Explorer is not crashing when launched as separate process say...
  10. Screen saver/start up is in a foreign language, how do i change to english ?

Screen saver/start up is in a foreign language, how do i change to english ?: We bought a new computer & it has Windows 11, the screen saver/start up screen, is in a different language german I think to the rest of the programs english, how do I change it to english ?...