Windows 10: How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors

Discus and support How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Two questions of Snip & Sketch: Win10 Home build 19042 1. How change the default printer Orientation from Landscape to Portrait 2. Some times if I am... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by robls99, Apr 29, 2021.

1. robls99 Win User

How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors

Two questions of Snip & Sketch: Win10 Home build 19042

1. How change the default printer Orientation from Landscape to Portrait

2. Some times if I am printing something with a lot of black, I like to invert the colors. How do I do that?

:)

robls99, Apr 29, 2021

2. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was
    generated. It displays the data in portrait mode, but the actual print out is in landscape.

I went back to the "Print\General" dialog and selected Microsoft Print To PDF. I confirmed the "OK" button became enabled at this point. I then selected "Preferences" and changed the "Orientation" combo box from Portrait to Landscape. The preview changed
    at this point to reflect landscape. I then selected "Advanced" and viewed the Paper/Output and Copy County options. Paper Size was set to "Letter" and Count was set to 1 Copy. I selected OK and confirmed the orientation in the preview hadn't changed. It
    was still showing Landscape. I then selected OK. Microsoft Print To PDF was still selected. There were no other relevant configuration choices, just Report Range, Paper Range and Project Options. I review these anyway, but could not find anything related
    to paper orientation.

At this point I selected OK and was prompted for a location and name for the output. I provided this (noting the name and location). When printing completed, I opened the correct file in the correct location using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. The two pages
    of my report were both in Portrait.

At this point, I went to File\Print. I noticed the Orientation in the Print Dialog was set to Auto Portrait/landscape. I changed nothing in this screen, and selected Print. I did notice that the preview screen showed the page in landscape mode already
    though.

When the report printed out, it was in the correct orientation, landscape.

I went a step further and took a Word document created in Office 365 online. and changed it's orientation to landscape and printed it out using the Microsoft Print To PDF. This seemed to display correctly in landscape mode.

Paul Green (paul.green), Apr 29, 2021
  3. Desire'e Win User
    Auto Orientation Print in Excel (Portrait AND Landscape)

Last week my printer settings were auto orientation print, allowing me to print 100s of tabs in both orientations (portrait & landscape) and they would automatically go to the right orientation.

I had to reset my computer Friday afternoon, and since then i can only print in one orientation, meaning i have to individually print each tab. Turning a 1 min job into 30+ min job.

How can i change this back ?

** Moved from: Excel / Other/unknown / Office 2016 **

Desire'e, Apr 29, 2021
  4. Paola Gar Win User

printer orientation

Hi Gail,

To change the printer orientation to portrait, follow the steps below:

• Click More. (Located in right part of your screen)
    • Select Print.
    • Print Preview window will appear.

How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors 32f29777-a0c2-4fd6-b474-5f55498ca079.jpg

• Select Portrait button.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

1. How change Print Orientation default to Portrait and how invert colors - Similar Threads - change Print Orientation

2. When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait: When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-from-microsoft-photos-its-default-in/c8e48514-548a-41bc-97e6-509c2f17ca0e
  3. When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait: When i print from microsoft photos its default in landscap how to change default as portrait https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-print-from-microsoft-photos-its-default-in/c8e48514-548a-41bc-97e6-509c2f17ca0e
  4. How do I change the printer default to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the printer default to Portrait?: Anyone know how I change the paper orientation default for my HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 PCL 6 printer from Landscape to Portrait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-printer-default-to-portrait/f803af3f-d8c2-4f52-910f-3def61fffff3
  5. How do I change the printer default to Portrait?

How do I change the printer default to Portrait?: Anyone know how I change the paper orientation default for my HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 PCL 6 printer from Landscape to Portrait? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-printer-default-to-portrait/f803af3f-d8c2-4f52-910f-3def61fffff3
  6. How do I change the printer default to Portrait?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display Orientation to portrait But how to Mouse movement in landscape: I am on a laptop and I want to use a software in portrait mode but I want mouse setting in landscape. In portrait my mouse setting are flipped, when I move to the left it goes up and vice versa. i want it to go up when I drag my mouse to up and to left when I drag my mouse to...
  8. Portrait Orientation Hack?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Portrait Orientation Hack?: Hey guys! I'm on a dual screen set up with both monitors being ultrawide (productivity babyyyyyy). But on my second monitor that is in portrait to save desk space, I'm always having to drag windows around to fix the bottom or top half of the screen. I want to know if there...
  9. How to change SnipIt default from Landscape to Portrait

How to change SnipIt default from Landscape to Portrait: The Settings has Portrait checked in SnipIt (Win10-Home). Why does the first screen always come up with the Landscape box checked off which is the opposite of the Settings check off and I always have to change it to Portrait? 160484
  10. Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Print To PDF Option Changes Page Orientation To Portrait: Hi, I'm attempting to print a report in a Windows 10 environment using the Microsoft Print To PDF option in the Print Dialog. There seems to be something rotating the page prior to viewing. I confirmed this by actually printing out the pdf file that was generated. It...