Windows 10: How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder

Discus and support How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Out new Win10-Home seems to send new downloads to OneDrive as a default. We do not want or need the OneDrive software and desire to delete OneDrive as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robls99, Jul 23, 2020.

1. robls99 Win User

How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder

Out new Win10-Home seems to send new downloads to OneDrive as a default.
    We do not want or need the OneDrive software and desire to delete OneDrive as soon as we can.

How do we direct future downloads to a new Download folder or any other folder of our choice?

:)

robls99, Jul 23, 2020
  2. robls99 Win User

Out new Win10-Home seems to send new downloads to OneDrive as a default.
    We do not want or need the OneDrive software and desire to delete OneDrive as soon as we can.

How do we direct future downloads to a new Download folder or any other folder of our choice?

robls99, Aug 3, 2020
  3. robls99 Win User

The second part of my question involves Google Chrome and changing the Download directory:

I followed these steps:

Chrome can set the fixed folder for downloading or ask user where to save each file before downloading.
    1) Click the three vertical dots icon, it will open a drop-down menu. This button is located next to the address bar in the upper-right corner of your browser screen.
    2) Click Settings on the menu.
    3) Scroll down and click Advanced, it will expand the Settings menu and show your advanced options.
    4) Scroll down to the Downloads section on the menu.
    5) Click the CHANGE button or Switch.

I want to make the new path: c:\Users\(name)\Download but if I type that in the box in just makes a New Folder (blank) and I don't see any way to Save the path to the existing Download directory???

- - - Updated - - -

I hope someone has an idea on how to solve this?

robls99, Aug 3, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How change the default Download folder from OneDrive to another folder - Similar Threads - change default Download

2. Downloading folder from onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading folder from onedrive: Hello!Please help me. I deleted the desktop which was located on my laptop under OneDrive personal pane. So I had very important two folders there. Then I entered in Onedrive and found these folders. I downloaded one folder with 1mb. But I cant download other folder with 6...
  3. Downloading folder from onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading folder from onedrive: Hello!Please help me. I deleted the desktop which was located on my laptop under OneDrive personal pane. So I had very important two folders there. Then I entered in Onedrive and found these folders. I downloaded one folder with 1mb. But I cant download other folder with 6...
  4. Trouble changing OneDrive download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble changing OneDrive download folder: Hello.I have followed the directions carefully and gone through the steps several times to change the location of my OneDrive folder on my laptop Win10. When all is said and done the new location exists and synced the contents I unsynced them purposely, btw, but there is...
  5. Trouble changing OneDrive download folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble changing OneDrive download folder: Hello.I have followed the directions carefully and gone through the steps several times to change the location of my OneDrive folder on my laptop Win10. When all is said and done the new location exists and synced the contents I unsynced them purposely, btw, but there is...
  6. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  7. How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to move folders from OneDrive to another folder in the c: drive: A tech guy loaded some files from my Win7 to my new Win10 home. He also put my old Pictures, Documents folders in the following path: c:\Users\(name)\One Drive\ ..... We don't want or will ever use OneDrive. More importantly Acronis won't back up anything on OneDrive when...
  8. OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive folder moved to another OneDrive folder disappeared: In File Manager I selected two folders in the OneDrive Documents folder and moved them into another folder in Documents. The folders disappeared, but were not in the other Documents folder. I searched on my PC for them and they weren't found. I looked in OneDrive online and...
  9. Change the default Download folder for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change the default Download folder for Edge: Is there a way to change the default folder for downloads in Edge? I don't really want downloads being directed to my C: which is a SSD. I would prefer to change this to my HDD. Internet Explorer allowed this. Even if it means a manual registry edit, happy to do it, if...
  10. Change default Downloads folder in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Change default Downloads folder in Edge: Anyone know how to change the default Downloads folder in Edge in build 10159? I've looked through all the settings, including the Advanced ones, and there's nowhere to change this. 7619