Windows 10: How Change the Icon of an App?

Discus and support How Change the Icon of an App? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I moved from Win 7 to Win 8, all the icons of my picture files e.g. GIFs, bitmaps, JPGs changed from a red color said to be for "Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by petun tahd, May 14, 2020.

1. How Change the Icon of an App?

When I moved from Win 7 to Win 8, all the icons of my picture files e.g. GIFs, bitmaps, JPGs changed from a red color said to be for "Microsoft Office Picture" to a blue color apparently for an app called "Photos". This makes my life difficult since I have lost a major color cue that I use for quick decisions as I work. One finds instructions to click on the app, then Properties, then Change Icon, but they must be for an older version of Windows. I have Word 2007 on the Win 7 computer, and Word 365 on the new Win 10 computer. I find nothing for "Microsoft Office PIcture" in Microsoft Store.

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

petun tahd, May 14, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 14, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

How Change the Icon of an App?

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, May 14, 2020
Thema:

How Change the Icon of an App?

1. How Change the Icon of an App? - Similar Threads - Change Icon App

2. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  3. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you change the settings app icon?: The other day I was messing with my app icons and changing the icons to custom ones. I accidentally deleted the icon files that I replaced the default icons with and my app icons went blank. I was able to change back all the icons to the defaults except for the settings icon....
  4. How do you change the settings app icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to change app icons on taskbar

how to change app icons on taskbar: So i have changed my application icons on my desktop, how can i apply those to my icons on my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-app-icons-on-taskbar/b04d5cfc-7080-4a2f-8e0b-d18c6ba6bf77
  6. Changing app icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing app icon: I have recently tried to change a app icon but once I went to properties, clicked change icon, and opened the folder I wanted the image did not show up. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-app-icon/789dbb6d-02b5-48bd-aac8-34a0b4130376
  7. Changing apps' icons, is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing apps' icons, is it possible?: I've seen loads of people changing the desktop icons of apps, and that's really easy to do and I am aware of how its done. But is there a file location for apps that stores the actual icon so you can change it completely so it shows your customized icon in the start menu and...
  8. How to change the < icon

How to change the < icon: Ok so I wanted to change the > icon you know the > icon let me show you It though if you dont know what im talking about [img] This........ This little icon Right here. When i first saw it I didnt like So i wanted to change it only problem is....... Ive searched For 5...
  9. How to change icon....

How to change icon....: Welcome. I install PowerIso (without CDRom in my laptop) and after deleting icon of USB are changed... Do you have any idea how to back to the previous one...? ? Regards 145067
  10. How to change icons of Windows 10 apps?

How to change icons of Windows 10 apps?: Anybody knows how to change icons of pinned Windows 10 apps (on taskbar) like Flipboard, Mail, Shazam, Dropbox, etc? *Smile 38738