Windows 10: How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one

Discus and support How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ireplaced my monitor on my pc with a bigger monitor and I cant seem to remember how I changed them before :-/ I use to know how to do it but feel I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JustinCase4, May 14, 2019.

1. How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one

ireplaced my monitor on my pc with a bigger monitor and I cant seem to remember how I changed them before :-/ I use to know how to do it but feel I may be just going crazy I guess, can any one help me out with this , ?

:)

JustinCase4, May 14, 2019

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, May 14, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Can not use two monitors. Error message: "The display settings could not be saved. Please try a different combination of display settings"

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue with the monitors?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What happens when you try to duplicate the monitors?

I suggest you to try changing the display ports of the monitors and check if the second monitor is getting detected.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try rolling back the driver.

To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Display adaptor.
    4. Right click on NVIDIA
      Drivers and select Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Method 2: Change the screen resolution.

1. Go to Settings>System>Display.
    2. Under Resolution, set the resolution as 1024 x 768.
    3. Set the same resolution on the other monitor.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 14, 2019
  4. How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one

Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 14, 2019
Thema:

How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one

1. How changing display settings when yoy replace your old monitor with a bigger one - Similar Threads - changing display settings

2. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  3. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  4. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  6. How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace/change an old Audio Drivers: So I have a Realtek audio drivers on my PC and its is giving me some issues for my microphone. I have tried:-Resetting my PC-updating BIOS from manufacturer website Gigabyte-updating audio drivers from Realtek website-using the 'Add Legacy Hardware' option in Device Manager...
  7. Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one: In my system I currently have an m.2 ssd that I boot from and a HDD. I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a bigger one; however to do that I would have to take out the m.2 I boot from as I only have one m.2 slot. I need help as I don't know what to do....
  8. Replacing HDD with a newer bigger one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing HDD with a newer bigger one: Hi! I will be getting a new bigger harddrive. I have an ssd for system and HDD for data. So....I want to replace the HDD with a bigger one and keep the old one as archive/useful trash ...only problem is that I don't know how to move all the data and tell the system and all...
  9. Display bigger than monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display bigger than monitor?: My display is bigger than the actual monitor. I am on the recommended resolution and icon size, still cant see edges of display as my screen is too small. It is set to the Samsung Monitor which has worked fine for my PS4 during the last 4 years. What can I do to fix this?...
  10. Display Monitor Setting Changes on Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Monitor Setting Changes on Startup: I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10. My main display monitor is a LG 24 widescreen plugged into the laptop. With Windows 7, I had no problems in using Fn key f5 to set the display to only the LG (showing as "CRT" on the screen). This did not change when I re-booted...