Windows 10: How Chrome's ad filtering works

Discus and support How Chrome's ad filtering works in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While most advertising on the web is respectful of user experience, over the years we've increasingly heard from our users that some advertising can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How Chrome's ad filtering works

Source: Chromium Blog: Under the hood: How Chrome's ad filtering works

:)

Brink, Feb 13, 2018
  2. breinersj Win User

Disable Virtual Agent

This also works with AdNauseam ad blocker (which uses AdBlock filter syntax)... the specific filter that works for me is:

support.microsoft.com##.skylight-entry

breinersj, Feb 13, 2018
  3. PDA2010 Win User
    Default browser ignored

OK, I've added my thinking on how it should work for Chrome and Firefox in the other thread. I hope that works!

PDA2010, Feb 13, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Looking forward to this being implemented.

swarfega, Feb 13, 2018
  5. galaxys Win User
    Sounds like some great Filtering to have, since I use Chrome.

galaxys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Chrome's ad filtering works - Similar Threads - Chrome's filtering works

2. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  3. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  4. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Color profile/filter added after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile/filter added after update: Hello, Yesterday, I noticed there were some extra windows updates that involved my monitor (viewsonic xg2530) and processor (Ryzen 7 3600). I also may have updated the graphics card (GTX 1080). After my computer restarted, the colors on various UI menus on my Viewsonic...
  6. Applications that are adding/modifying Packet Redirect Filters DDProxy in Windows Filtering...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications that are adding/modifying Packet Redirect Filters DDProxy in Windows Filtering...: Hi Everyone, Today, we have a lot of applications that are adding/modifying Filters that it is making it difficult to troubleshoot which application is adding or modifying the rules on a given PC. For instance, Let's say One application adds a filter to redirect traffic...
  7. How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can Microsoft Family filter the contents from Chrome and other browsers.: I like Microsoft Family. It helps me control the time use of my two young kids. However, for filtering WWW contents, it seems to me it works only for Edge or Explorer. What about other browsers such as Chrome?...
  8. Restore chrome filter in family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore chrome filter in family: I am using ms family. In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome. How to restore chrome back on this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-chrome-filter-in-family/c37d6b4b-8355-47d8-b0bb-f9bad902a060"
  9. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  10. Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome: All of my bookmarks were imported from Firefox to Chrome. When I opened Chrome they were labeled "Bookmarks" until today when I tried to add a new bookmark. Now my options are "Imported from Firefox" and the new bookmark (folder) sits beside that one. But when I try to add...