Windows 10: How Chrome's ad filtering works

Discus and support How Chrome's ad filtering works in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; While most advertising on the web is respectful of user experience, over the years we've increasingly heard from our users that some advertising can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

How Chrome's ad filtering works

Source: Chromium Blog: Under the hood: How Chrome's ad filtering works

:)

Brink, Feb 13, 2018
  2. breinersj Win User

Disable Virtual Agent

This also works with AdNauseam ad blocker (which uses AdBlock filter syntax)... the specific filter that works for me is:

support.microsoft.com##.skylight-entry

breinersj, Feb 13, 2018
  3. PDA2010 Win User
    Default browser ignored

OK, I've added my thinking on how it should work for Chrome and Firefox in the other thread. I hope that works!

PDA2010, Feb 13, 2018
  4. swarfega Win User

Looking forward to this being implemented.

swarfega, Feb 13, 2018
  5. galaxys Win User
    Sounds like some great Filtering to have, since I use Chrome.

galaxys, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Chrome's ad filtering works - Similar Threads - Chrome's filtering works

2. chrome will not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    chrome will not work: Chrome has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-will-not-work/e85cde9c-0804-4acd-bb07-04e7284d946a
  3. Bluelight Filter not working build 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluelight Filter not working build 1903: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 build 1903, I keep having issues with the bluelight filter. When I first start the computer, and log in, the filter doesn't work at all. I have to log off and log back in everytime I turn on my computer. I already tried uninstalling and...
  4. Elan c12 filter driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan c12 filter driver not working: I've had a problem with the touchpad on my Acer ES1 512 .It has happened twice within a month with it stopping working.Firstly after updating drivers using IOBIT driver updater and again today updating drivers again as IOBIT stated they were out of date.When it happened the...
  5. Restore chrome filter in family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore chrome filter in family: I am using ms family. In Always Blocked apps list, I removed Chrome. How to restore chrome back on this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-chrome-filter-in-family/c37d6b4b-8355-47d8-b0bb-f9bad902a060"
  6. Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads: Last year, after hearing from Chrome users, we launched a set of user protections against “abusive experiences” -- experiences designed to intentionally mislead and trick users into taking action on the web. These protections blocked pop-ups and new window requests from sites...
  7. Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Ad-blocking extensions in Chrome: Hi, Do the ad-blocking extensions in Google Chrome, still just hide the ads instead of preventing them from downloading? I heard that Chrome can't prevent the ads from getting downloaded, but that is a long time back now. Regards, L 82736
  8. How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove random search bar and random popup ads in chrome: Hello guys, so yesterday i installed some free apps through a software installation but it seems i am not aware that it's going to install some other apps that i do not recognize and since then whenever i open my chrome, a search bar always appear and a random pop up ads...
  9. Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problems adding bookmarks to Chrome: All of my bookmarks were imported from Firefox to Chrome. When I opened Chrome they were labeled "Bookmarks" until today when I tried to add a new bookmark. Now my options are "Imported from Firefox" and the new bookmark (folder) sits beside that one. But when I try to add...
  10. "size:gigantic" search filter not working properly

in Windows 10 Support
    "size:gigantic" search filter not working properly: A few days back it was working perfectly, but now it is missing a lot of files in the search result. Anything I can do to fix this ? 73321