Windows 10: How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in.

Discus and support How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve been having this problem where I cannot click with my mouse. It hovers over and moves but when I click it does nothing. Then recently my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-mah-abrams-, Oct 30, 2020.

1. How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in.

Hi all, I’ve been having this problem where I cannot click with my mouse. It hovers over and moves but when I click it does nothing. Then recently my touchpad does not work anymore. This is a brand new Acer laptop. I do not think it’s the laptop because it worked fine before. Also I just turned on my pc to log in and it says too many try’s to log in or to many shut downs. I know no one else has tried to sign in. So this ties in with the mouse not working. I cannot click the sign in options to figure it out. Basically my mouse doesn’t click, my touchpad doesn’t work and I cannot sign in. Please help me!!!

submitted by /u/-mah-abrams-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-mah-abrams-, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 30, 2020
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Oct 30, 2020
  4. How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in.

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in.

1. How come I cannot click with my mouse and I cannot sign in. - Similar Threads - cannot click mouse

2. I cannot sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot sign in: Cant sign in even on home screen, when im pushing sign in i cannot sign and it sends me on lock screen again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in/707a07ea-2f5c-4035-892b-a0e20f013ccd
  3. I cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in: Cant sign in even on home screen, when im pushing sign in i cannot sign and it sends me on lock screen again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in/707a07ea-2f5c-4035-892b-a0e20f013ccd
  4. I cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  6. I cannot sign into my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot sign into my computer: I tried to change my PIN as I wanted to change it and when I went to settings it told me my computer is not compatible with Windows Hello PIN even though it is what I use to sign in every time. I locked my computer and tried to change it and it kept telling me I cannot change...
  7. I cannot sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot sign in: MicroSoft did a download. Since then my log on screen keeps flashing back and forth and I cannot log on. I have tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-in/2c6dbbf6-3928-4398-89f8-7829d66a1f20
  8. I cannot sign into my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot sign into my laptop.: I updated the drivers on my hp laptop. I am using Windows 10 OS. When I restarted the laptop I now just get the homescreen picture showing time and date on the left and the WiFi and battery condition icons on the bottom right. There is nothing else. There is no cursor and the...
  9. I cannot sign into my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot sign into my laptop.: I cannot sign in my notebook book using the password bc it stopped working. The only option I have to sign in is the fingerprint, which usualy works just fine. However, I had a wet finger and the figerprint option is "blocked" now for too many tries. .The login screen wants...
  10. How do I get to click and lock with my mouse. I cannot seem to find it.?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get to click and lock with my mouse. I cannot seem to find it.?: My ? was answered electronically by electronical helper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-do-i-get-to-click-and-lock-with-my-mouse-i/6c13034b-2f8d-488f-8c31-48891b8228df