Windows 10: how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore

Discus and support how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ive been using the wireless razor nari that connects with a usb for a while now and recently i noticed that my mic quality was poor so i checked it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TICKLME12, Feb 22, 2019.

1. TICKLME12 Win User

how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore

Ive been using the wireless razor nari that connects with a usb for a while now and recently i noticed that my mic quality was poor so i checked it in properties and noticed that it no longer allowed me to configure it as 2 channel and as anyone who owns a razor product knows you have to have your mic configured to 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz but i can only select 1 channel options as seen below how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore 5b5029d5-896a-4e9c-9f8a-1f31952ebf2f?upload=true.png

:)

TICKLME12, Feb 22, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Viewerx Win User
    MIC IN is detecting only one channel and inputting 2 channel Mono

Win 10 x64 Dell Inspiron desktop PC I have a cassette player connected to the PC via an RCA to Stereo Plug cord. I have been moving audio from cassettes to the system via Audacity with this. I thought I heard something strange during a recording and pulled the Right channel RCA plug from the player with no change in sound. I then put it back in and pulled the Left and all audio stopped. I put the Left plug into the Right jack and got audio, with the Right plug in either jack there is silence.I tested the cords by using the Stereo Plug in Headphones Out on the front of the case and moved the RCA plugs to Input and made a recording of a Left / Right test on Youtube on the Cassette deck. It recorded both channels with no problems.It looked like my Mic In was not seeing the Right channel and inputting 2 channel Mono to Audacity, as there had been 2 channel responses on the needles.[I earlier had a problem with Mic In not working at all and had warranty work done with a new motherboard put in, as that In jack is soldered onto it. I was afraid they messed up.]I then downloaded a VU Meter and looked again at the Left / Right Stereo test recording. With the Settings on Speakers/Headphones I get the same result as with Audacity: equal response in both meters for Left and Right signals. But, when I Set it to Microphone I see the expected Left and Right separation. And, when set for Microphone and I pull the Left RCA cord the sound stops but the VU Meter shows it still there. Replacing it and pulling the Right has audio out with expected VU response.

Stereo into the MIC IN shows up as Mono at the speakers and in Audacity. All music files etc, whether in my folders or online from Youtube, etc have correct Stereo Out.

Any help you can give on this would be appreciated, thank you.

Viewerx, Feb 22, 2019
  4. how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore

my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore

1. how come i cant set my mic to 2 channel anymore - Similar Threads - cant set mic

2. i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones but it doesn't work while i use my mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones but it doesn't work while i use my mic.: i play a couple fps games and its important to have HRTF enabled. so i want to use the i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones and that works fine. But if i turn on my mic, the audio on my headphones automatically turn to 1 channel. i cant play with sound like that, but...
  3. i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones but it doesn't work while i use my mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones but it doesn't work while i use my mic.: i play a couple fps games and its important to have HRTF enabled. so i want to use the i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones and that works fine. But if i turn on my mic, the audio on my headphones automatically turn to 1 channel. i cant play with sound like that, but...
  4. i want to use 2 channel bit on my headphones but it doesn't work while i use my mic.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cant log into my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant log into my pc anymore: Please help me.I have an issue with my pc trying to log inI tried to log back into my pc so that I could just close all my tabs and shut it down manually when i had to type in my password which should’ve been fine but then it said I had to type a PIN, the issue is, is that I...
  6. Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant select more than 2 channels on my 5.1 surround set: Hello, i was connecting my HTR 5000 digital av receiver system thru optical cable to my x370 motherboard. When i selected the dolby digital encoded format i could hear all the separate channels. [ATTACH] But when i went to the advanced section i could not select more than...
  7. I cant set up a mic for speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant set up a mic for speech recognition: I recently bought a game named phasmophobia and it support speech recognition but when i tried to set it up the button was just grey like in the picture down here: [ATTACH] i have the last update on windows 10 and im owning a 2 years old lenvo legion t530-28icb how do i fix...
  8. Why cant I swap between 2 audios anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why cant I swap between 2 audios anymore?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/silasfuella [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibh8r7/why_cant_i_swap_between_2_audios_anymore/
  9. Can't set my mic to 2 channel anymore.

Can't set my mic to 2 channel anymore.: Hi, Recently I've gotten complaints that my Mic sounds like utter ****. Hence why i noticed that my headset no longer is able to be put to 2 channel 16 bit 48000 hz and instead 1 channel 16 bit 48000 hz. I've Updated Windows to the latest version and checked all drivers...
  10. MIC IN is detecting only one channel and inputting 2 channel Mono

MIC IN is detecting only one channel and inputting 2 channel Mono: Win 10 x64 Dell Inspiron desktop PC I have a cassette player connected to the PC via an RCA to Stereo Plug cord. I have been moving audio from cassettes to the system via Audacity with this. I thought I heard something strange during a recording and pulled the Right channel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 not recognising 2-channel microphone

2. microphone doesnt have 2 channe;s

3. windows 10 2-channel microphone

4. how to get 2 channel 16 bit for mic,
  5. 2 channel mic windows 10