Windows 10: How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?

Discus and support How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title, no one likes them, start with it turned off and make it the option to turn on if you want auto restarts for all those weird people who like it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Deserted Goat, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?

Title, no one likes them, start with it turned off and make it the option to turn on if you want auto restarts for all those weird people who like it otherwise I'll choose a time because I don't need to be getting restarted mid video game as windows can't recognize when I am playing a game and shows the computer as idol. In 2021, Microsoft should be aware of this by now ... I 2021 my fault too as I should have also been aware of this low iq option and should have turned it off as soon as I got my new PC but I forgot : .

:)

Deserted Goat, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Mo46 Win User

Mouse cursor automatically opens things

I tried the one click and double click in the folder options; did not work.

Did not find the hover option anywhere. I use windows 10 on my pc.

I changed the mouse and restarted the pc and that did not help.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jan 14, 2021
  4. How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows?

1. How come Microsoft still things automatic restarts are a good thing on windows? - Similar Threads - Microsoft still things

2. how comes this is still a thing? ITS JUST A CRIME!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how comes this is still a thing? ITS JUST A CRIME!!!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-all-my-personal-files-stored-in-onedrive/52ad2c0c-4392-4899-bcae-73c678e94ac3?rtAction=1687279353423...
  3. how comes this is still a thing? ITS JUST A CRIME!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how comes this is still a thing? ITS JUST A CRIME!!!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-all-my-personal-files-stored-in-onedrive/52ad2c0c-4392-4899-bcae-73c678e94ac3?rtAction=1687279353423...
  4. All GOOD things come to he who waits...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All GOOD things come to he who waits...: It HAS arrived, as predictedPlease, check your Win11... I just discovered that my Win11 NOW has Tabs in File Explorer windowsThis example is from Windows 11, not an Insider Build.Cheers,Drew...
  5. All GOOD things come to he who waits...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All GOOD things come to he who waits...: It HAS arrived, as predictedPlease, check your Win11... I just discovered that my Win11 NOW has Tabs in File Explorer windowsThis example is from Windows 11, not an Insider Build.Cheers,Drew...
  6. Windows 11 still doesn't think it will work....a sign of things to come????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 still doesn't think it will work....a sign of things to come????: Pretty clear my PC should have no issues running windows 11, yet still insider preview says NOPE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-still-doesnt-think-it-will-worka-sign/d97b52ce-86c5-42a0-8717-4a5850ff3db5
  7. Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft, please follow the good things from Apple: https://onezero.medium.com/apple-is-trying-to-kill-web-technology-a274237c174d The Mac App Store has quietly started rejecting apps made with a popular tool called Electron that allows developers to base all of their apps on the web-based code. Some of the most popular apps...
  8. Couple of cool things coming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Couple of cool things coming: One is Top Apps (used) showing in Search... can go (back) to them, quickly & easily. Another is Search & Cortana being separated. Notice, now, an icon for each. NB: These images were put here using Snip & Sketch accessed directly via Win+Shift+S* together w/ Win+V,...
  9. Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast boot, is it a good thing or bad ?: I personally enjoy it, makes a pc load fast, what am i missing > i see on many answers around the board disable fast boot 77890
  10. Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is the "Upgrade" a good thing to get?: I have an icon on my homescreen that's called "Windows Update assistant". When I clicked it in the past, it would tell me that my Windows Updates needed to be current in order to work, so I made sure to do that. Now, I clicked it and it mentioned something about a Win10...