Windows 10: How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not?

Discus and support How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I have a concern. I have two local Windows 10 accounts one standard user and one admin user. After I installed something, Spotify suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoVillegas44, Jan 11, 2021.

1. How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not?

Hello! I have a concern. I have two local Windows 10 accounts one standard user and one admin user. After I installed something, Spotify suddenly appears at the standard account but when I signed in at the admin account, it does not appear. I did not install Spotify at the microsoft store, from the spotify website or anywhere else. I did some research and I saw someone said that Spotify is automatically installed for Windows 10 users. The Spotify app is located at C:/ProgramFiles/WindowsApps. I don't understand why my admin account does not have it while my standard account has. I mean programs at ProgramFiles should still be shared among different users right? I would appreciate any help. Thank you!!

:)

JoVillegas44, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not? :(

Zakin, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not?

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not?

1. How come Spotify appears on one local Windows 10 account but the other account does not? - Similar Threads - Spotify appears local

2. how to move files from local account to local account on one PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to move files from local account to local account on one PC?: replaced the boot drive with a new a lot of storage boot driveinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 prostartup process happens during thatit decides to take my email address as my username instead of prompting me to ask me what kind of username i wantmade that my account...
  3. how to move files from local account to local account on one PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to move files from local account to local account on one PC?: replaced the boot drive with a new a lot of storage boot driveinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 prostartup process happens during thatit decides to take my email address as my username instead of prompting me to ask me what kind of username i wantmade that my account...
  4. how to move files from local account to local account on one PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?: So basically I can't access my microsoft account that my PC profile is linked to, and I cannot recover it, so how do I transfer all data to another microsoft account that is currently also on the PCORremove the inaccessible account from my PC, whilst keeping all data and...
  6. Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting inaccessible account to local/other MS account?: So basically I can't access my microsoft account that my PC profile is linked to, and I cannot recover it, so how do I transfer all data to another microsoft account that is currently also on the PCORremove the inaccessible account from my PC, whilst keeping all data and...
  7. Other Accounts does not appear except Administrator Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other Accounts does not appear except Administrator Account: i Have 12 more accounts(administrator) except Main Administrator Account (which is logged in with microsoft account). When i try to switch between accounts there only appears the single account which is Main Administrator Account. There is no other account. Please help me...
  8. Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...: I've created an extra local standard account by mistake that I don't really need after I wiped and reinstalled windows 10 on my pc in an effort to make it completely secure. I have two other accounts on my desktop that are my main local standard account and my admin account...
  9. One Drive and a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One Drive and a Local Account: I am beginning to think it is almost impossible to synchronize a local account computer with folders and files on Onedrive. Is this true? Thanks. 22044
  10. Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts: Today I tried to add an account to my Windows 10 computer (Version 1607 Build 14393.321). Not something I do very often so I Googled it. When I select Settings - Accounts, I do not see the option for "Family and other users" like the screen image below. This image is not from...