Windows 10: how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard

Discus and support how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; ive tried almost anything i can come up with and im also on windows 11 any ideas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by i hate myself_521, Jun 19, 2022.

1. how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard

ive tried almost anything i can come up with and im also on windows 11 any ideas

:)

i hate myself_521, Jun 19, 2022

2. Advanced Start up options and bcdedit missing in windows 10 with deepin(Linux) dual boot

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able see the Advance startup options:

To start Windows in safe mode or get to other startup settings:

1. Select the Start button, then choose
      Settings
    2. Select Update & security > Recovery.
    3. Under Advanced startup select Restart now.
    4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings > Restart.
    5. After the PC restarts, select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
      by pressing the corresponding number.

You can also do it from the sign-in screen.

1. On the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
      Power > Restart (in the lower-right corner of the screen).
    2. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    3. After your PC restarts, select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
      from the list of options by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard.

If you are still unable to see the options in advance startup settings, I suggest you to enable advance startup options using the follow command.

To do that,

1. Type CMD in the Windows search bar.
    2. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator option.
    3. Copy paste the following command reagentc /enable.
    4. Restart the PC into WinRE mode and check if you able to see the options.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Speech Recognition could not start. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options

To address your concern, we suggest you to change the Speech Recognition settings. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Uncheck Review documents and mail to improve accuracy.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

If the issue persist, create a Train Profile by performing the steps below and check if the experience will be the same:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Under Recognition Profiles, check the default profile.
    • Click Train Profile.

If Train Profile fails, click New..., and create a new profile. Then, check if the new profile will work.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Ticked Win User

how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard

1. how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard - Similar Threads - enter advanced start

2. i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it...: I reformat my laptop while it says 100% because i thought it will solve the problem because i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it doesn't type even if i use screen keyboard what should i do?...
  3. i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it...: I reformat my laptop while it says 100% because i thought it will solve the problem because i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it doesn't type even if i use screen keyboard what should i do?...
  4. i cant type on keyboard it's not working now i can't enter a new name on start up it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?: MSN is not my home page, but it comes up when stating up. How do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-msn-coming-on-when-i-start-up/81f7c694-9ee1-49a5-b2e6-497412e4230a
  6. How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?

How do I stop msn coming on when I start up?: MSN is not my home page, but it comes up when stating up. How do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-msn-coming-on-when-i-start-up/81f7c694-9ee1-49a5-b2e6-497412e4230a
  7. Cannot enter advanced option mode

Cannot enter advanced option mode: Hello, I just experienced an issue with my Lenovo laptop. I last used it about 2 month ago June 2022 when I had to do some stuff for university. I’m pretty sure that I turned the laptop off making a win10 update and now I get the blue screen error with the code inaccessible...
  8. how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard

how come when i enter advanced start up option i cant use my keyboard: ive tried almost anything i can come up with and im also on windows 11 any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-when-i-enter-advanced-start-up-option-i/de66f28c-4067-4e9e-a4ca-3c81fb651402
  9. Startup Settings is not showing up when I enter Advanced options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Settings is not showing up when I enter Advanced options: Startup Settings is not showing up when I enter Advanced options. I need to enter safe mode with networking so I can fix a problem with windows update....
  10. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...