Windows 10: How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to...

Discus and support How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is so incredibly annoying that I want to scratch my eyeballs out! ! What software engineer came up with this??? My computer specs are: Hewlett... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlogShag, Aug 17, 2020.

1. BlogShag Win User

How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to...

This is so incredibly annoying that I want to scratch my eyeballs out! ! What software engineer came up with this???

My computer specs are:

Hewlett Packard Laptop

Windows 10 Home

Processor: AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G 3.10 GHZ

RAM: 4.00 GB

64BIT X 64 BIT BASED PROCESSOR

NO PEN OR TOUCH INPUT

:)

BlogShag, Aug 17, 2020

2. Cursor keeps shrinking

After upgrading my laptop to Windows 10, I am having an issue where my cursor/pointer keeps shrinking. When Windows first loads, everything looks fine but then within a few minutes, it will shrink to about half the size making the cursor hard to find.

It does not seem to be triggered by anything I am doing at the time such as running a specific application.

My laptop has a hi-DPI resolution of 2880 x 1620 which I am thinking is related but the text size is set to the recommended size of 200% and everything else on the screen looks like it is sized correctly.

I have a ThinkPad T550 with Intel HD 5000 graphics and have updated the driver from Lenovo's website.

Cartman005, Aug 31, 2020
  3. SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

Hello microsoft community,

I would like to shrink my 1TB C drive which has windows 10 installed on it. I have 2 questions

Q 1. if i do shrink the volume to what windows allows which is around 500GB , will that effect system reset or restore in case the system crashes.

Q2. there are various programs available like easeus partition manager which can shrink the C drive to much smaller size. is it advisable to use such programs? i am worried if i shrink the volume to below the recommended size of 500 GB my system may not
    reset or restore in case of a crash.

i would appreciate if some one can help as i am not very tech savvy.

robthomas47, Aug 31, 2020
  4. How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to...

smaller screen size

Will your next update fix the smaller size information on computer screen caused by upgrade

JamesBall5, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to...

1. How come when I move my cursor across the screen the window shrinks to a smaller size to... - Similar Threads - move cursor across

2. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  3. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  4. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

6. How to make windows cursor smaller than the minimum size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make windows cursor smaller than the minimum size?: I have set the defualt cursor to the lowest size possible,but its just to big for me,is there any way to make the cursor smaller than the smallest size ? Thanks...
  7. How to make windows cursor smaller than the minimum size?

How to make windows cursor smaller than the minimum size?: I have set the defualt cursor to the lowest size possible,but its just to big for me,is there any way to make the cursor smaller than the smallest size ? Thanks...
  8. When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen: When my PC comes out of hybrid sleep the keyboard cursor moves from left to right (In any open window) as if Im holding down the spacebar, If a window isnt open Im unable to click on anything. Its worth mentioning that as soon as I hit enter or spacebar etc. it stops until of...
  9. smaller screen size

in Windows 10 Customization
    smaller screen size: Will your next update fix the smaller size information on computer screen caused by upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-screen-size/77608d4e-63af-4d28-8d7e-1e4b7d048f00
  10. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...