Windows 10: How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator

Discus and support How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just got Windows 10 installed and tweaked around by a friend but then how come it always launches programs, 3rd party applications for sure, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by budi, Aug 2, 2019.

1. budi Win User

How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator

Just got Windows 10 installed and tweaked around by a friend but then how come it always launches programs, 3rd party applications for sure, as administrator ?
    How to pinpoint the trouble and solve it? Thanks in advance

:)

budi, Aug 2, 2019

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Aug 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator - Similar Threads - always launches programs

2. How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    How come Windows 10 always launches programs as administrator: Just get Windows 10 installed and tweaked around by a friend but how come it always launches programs, 3rd party applications for sure, as administrator ? How to pinpoint the trouble and solve it? Thanks in advance 137747
  3. Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Launching Multiple Instances of Programs: There must be a setting I need to adjust - sometimes when my mouse gets near the bottom of the screen where the Taskbar is (not sure that's the name of it) multiple instances of the same program will launch. It's very distracting while trying to work. I'm on a laptop -...
  4. How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I always run a program as an administrator without a prompt?: I have a program that needs to be run as an administrator to work. Whenever I run it I get the prompt: "Do you want this app from an unknown publisher to be able to make changes to your device?" I use this program regularly and I completely trust it. As I run it often it is...
  5. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  6. launching startup programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    launching startup programs: Dear all, I have a question about launching startup programs. My system is configured to run a GUI program immediately after user logon. Instead of placing it in the user's "Startup" directory, the program is invoked via a string value in the registry key...
  7. Launching program at startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching program at startup as administrator: My user ID has administrator privilege but is there a way for my useID to launch Logitech Media Server at startup with administrator privileges? 119496
  8. Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803: Dear community, I'm usually not a forum writer but this issue really got me desperate. I can normally figure out such stuff myself, but for this specific issue, there is no adequate resource on the whole internet (or in this forum) that I could find, so here is my own post,...
  9. How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator'

How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator': When an application is open, is there some way to tell if it's being run 'As Administrator'? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 89905
  10. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...