Windows 10: how compatible are AMD processors?

Discus and support how compatible are AMD processors? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had an old PC die the other day, and I'm trying to decide whether I should even replace it. I was looking around at prices and noticed the AMD stuff... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjlkjadfasdfasd, Jun 19, 2019.

1. how compatible are AMD processors?

I had an old PC die the other day, and I'm trying to decide whether I should even replace it. I was looking around at prices and noticed the AMD stuff is much cheaper, and also that they're coming out with new stuff in July. So I'm wondering are there compatibility issues? They look pretty impressive for the cost. Regardless, I'll probably wait until after the new AMD stuff has been out for a bit, just in case Intel lowers prices in response.

Just curious as to AMD users' experiences. I'm not a gamer, fwiw. But I do run decent numbers of VMs at times, and I want something that will last -- this PC that died I built in 2008 and still worked pretty well for browsing the Internet.

:)

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Jun 19, 2019

2. Out of date AMD processor

Certain AMD Carrizo processors are not certified compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update at this time. Microsoft is working with AMD on a fix and users will be notified through Windows Update when support is available.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Replace AMD Processor With Intel Processor.

I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but i wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i7 processor in the place of AMD. But i have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are
    seen to be different. OR is there any other processor which is equivalent to INTEL i7.

***Edited Original Title From: CAN A AMD A4 PROCESSOR BE REPLACED BY INTEL PROCESSORS***

lenovafrex238, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

how compatible are AMD processors?

An Update on AMD Processor Security for Spectre and Meltdown

Source: AMD Processor Security | AMD

See also: Windows OS security update block for some AMD based devices - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

how compatible are AMD processors?

1. how compatible are AMD processors? - Similar Threads - compatible are AMD

2. Are desktops with AMD processors, going to be Windows 11 compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are desktops with AMD processors, going to be Windows 11 compatible?: I have a Desktop just under 2 years old it has an AMD processor, the only thing stopping from being Windows 11 compatible, I had the TPM 2.0 activated in BIOS, now the only thing stopping is it isn't an Intel Processor? Are Microsoft going to release it for AMD processors, I...
  3. Are desktops with AMD processors, going to be Windows 11 compatible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are desktops with AMD processors, going to be Windows 11 compatible?: I have a Desktop just under 2 years old it has an AMD processor, the only thing stopping from being Windows 11 compatible, I had the TPM 2.0 activated in BIOS, now the only thing stopping is it isn't an Intel Processor? Are Microsoft going to release it for AMD processors, I...
  4. Processor Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Processor Compatibility: Hello, I would like to ask when my laptop processor IntelR CoreTM i7 - 7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz will be compatible with windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-compatibility/5e219d45-52e8-496e-85c2-2ea6ed821dcf
  5. Processor Compatibility

Processor Compatibility: Hello, I would like to ask when my laptop processor IntelR CoreTM i7 - 7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz will be compatible with windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/processor-compatibility/5e219d45-52e8-496e-85c2-2ea6ed821dcf
  6. Win11 and compatible Processors

Win11 and compatible Processors: I have an Intel i7-6700 3.40 GHz 4 core processor on my PC but windows health check says, this processor is not compatible with Win11.How can I confirm this?...
  7. Win11 and compatible Processors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 and compatible Processors: I have an Intel i7-6700 3.40 GHz 4 core processor on my PC but windows health check says, this processor is not compatible with Win11.How can I confirm this?...
  8. Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replace AMD Processor with an Intel Processor: I am using an laptop with AMD processor. but I wanted to change the processor only not the laptop. i wanted to add intel Core i5 processor in the place of AMD. But I have heard that AMD cannot be replaced by intel or other processors since the slots are seen to be different....
  9. sandbox not compatible with processor?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    sandbox not compatible with processor?: Windows version 1909. Hello. Sandbox is greyed out of my services. Message states my processor does not support it. (Xeon X5460). Should I give up on the Windows installed sandbox and download a third party sandbox app? If third party what is reccommended? Thanks 156069
  10. how compatible are AMD processors?

in Windows 10 Support
    how compatible are AMD processors?: I had an old PC die the other day, and I'm trying to decide whether I should even replace it. I was looking around at prices and noticed the AMD stuff is much cheaper, and also that they're coming out with new stuff in July. So I'm wondering are there compatibility issues?...