Windows 10: How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?

Discus and support How completely remove unneccessary keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have replaced ЙЦУКЕН Russian keyboard with keyboard typewriter. I have delete any other keyboards and have only 2: Russian typewriter and English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikita0905, Feb 6, 2019.

1. How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?

I have replaced ЙЦУКЕН Russian keyboard with keyboard typewriter. I have delete any other keyboards and have only 2: Russian typewriter and English standart. Keyboards is switched by alt + shift hot key.

But sometimes old Russian keyboard "alive" and for switching between laguages I have to press after atl + shift and then ctrl + shift.

I have deleted already old russian keyboard several times! But it still here see "RU"/"RUT" in language panel one indicates standart keyboard, second typewriter, but standart keyboard was deleted:

How completely remove unneccessary keyboard? 7f14ac15-1e8d-4cf5-a865-4375d2582837?upload=true.png

How completely remove unneccessary keyboard? b102fbad-42c3-490a-ad05-85866a1760c4?upload=true.png

:)

Nikita0905, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Lekden Win User

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Feb 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How completely remove unneccessary keyboard? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

How completely remove unneccessary keyboard?

1. How completely remove unneccessary keyboard? - Similar Threads - completely remove unneccessary

2. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  3. How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force remove unneccessary language / keyboards in Windows 11?: Windows 11 during installation choosed en-GB language. After installation installed US layout. Deleted en-GB layout still present on login window and in my account. I tried this...
  4. How to completely remove the GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  5. How to completely remove a keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove a keyboard layout?: I want to remove the US layout since it is annoying and I don't have a US layout keyboard. I checked online and it should be quite easy. As you can see, the US layout is here:So to remove it I should go on "More keyboard settings" and remove it there, however that layout is...
  6. How to completely remove a keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove a keyboard layout?: I want to remove the US layout since it is annoying and I don't have a US layout keyboard. I checked online and it should be quite easy. As you can see, the US layout is here:So to remove it I should go on "More keyboard settings" and remove it there, however that layout is...
  7. Unneccessary updates Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Unneccessary updates Outlook: Hi folks I'm just as keen as people everywhere to keep systems up to date hopefully without too much bloat. But I have to ask myself -- why are there so many updates to Office in general and in particular to Outlook. I tested running Outlook Express on a Windows XP VM --...
  8. how to completely remove mcAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to completely remove mcAfee: So I have a sorta newish laptop that came with McAfee. I thought I uninstalled it but looking in the task manager: [ATTACH] It's still there. I type in the Windows search: [ATTACH] When going to "uninstall" it takes me to programs and McAfee isn't on there at all. When...
  9. How to Completely Remove OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Completely Remove OneDrive: I know that this seems like a somewhat strange thing to do, but I need to completely get rid of my OneDrive-related files and transfer them to C:/Users/MyUserName/, not C:/Users/MyUserName/OneDrive/ . I need to do this because I believe that my School Network interferes with...
  10. Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout: I have searched high and low and no one else seems to have had this issue, or at least I coudln't find it, so here goes: (Using Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the latest normal updates). I used Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create a custom keyboard, based on and...