Windows 10: How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro

Discus and support How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that. 117214 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shivaramkar, Sep 3, 2018.

1. shivaramkar Win User

How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro

I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that.

:)

shivaramkar, Sep 3, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 3, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 3, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - completely switch updates

2. How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro: I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that. 117214
  3. How to completely switch of windows updates in 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to completely switch of windows updates in 10: Hi, I would like completely switch of updates in Windows 10 pro how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-completely-switch-of-windows-updates-in-10/cac8637b-f082-44b7-8cde-066b28487ba8
  4. Windows 10 could not complete updates

Windows 10 could not complete updates: Hi I'm getting this message after it has restarted - "Windows 10 could not complete updates", Update I'm installing: July 24, 2018—KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) I have installed the standalone package also, but it didnt work. Everytime, windows would say restart to...
  5. Windows 10 updates do not complete

Windows 10 updates do not complete: I have a client that states: I receive a notice that I have a new update to install and to restart to complete the update. I restart the computer but the update never completes. I have attached a windows update log to this post. 111454
  6. How to completely disable windows update virus

How to completely disable windows update virus: Dear all. I do not consent to the general idea my computer would be safer if I change software setup every day (updating). After my 20+ years of computer usage NO virus has of yet been discovered by a "virus protection" software before buying an upgrade for this specific...
  7. How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely

How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely: Good afternoon, How do I get the updates to stop. I want to do a COMPLETE stop of the updates. 106312
  8. How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10?: I'm using Windows 10. My current WiFi settings are: Network and sharing center >Connections: WIFi (SSID name) >Wireless properties >Security> Security type: WPA personal Encryption type: AES I want to switch to WPA2 personal. When I switch it in the drop down menu the...
  9. How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?

How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?: Hi all, I own 2 notebooks: The first one (the older one), with the following upgrade history: Windows 7 OEM -> Upgraded to Windows 8.1 PRO with a bought and legitimate license -> Upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with free Micorsoft upgrade. The second one (the new one),...
  10. Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 S: Update: Microsoft has announced it is extending the ability to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro for free until March 31, 2018. 90846