Windows 10: How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro

Discus and support How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that. 117214 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shivaramkar, Sep 4, 2018.

1. How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro

I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that.

:)

shivaramkar, Sep 4, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 4, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 4, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro

1. How completely switch off updates in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - completely switch off

2. Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Maintance not switch off when completed ?: It starts but does not switch off when completed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-maintance-not-switch-off-when-completed/074f26ff-5fef-4d94-91ac-95e0668854f7
  3. How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 not pro: Hi, have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 Pro operating system. When I get the message from Microsoft that an update is available, I go through the routine, but the update never installs because it's a Windows 10 update, not a Windows 10 Pro update. I do not think...
  4. How to switch off Windows 10 S Mode ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to switch off Windows 10 S Mode ?: It is ridiculous but the instruction provided by Microsoft itself here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4020089/windows-10-in-s-mode-faq At step 3 it is said: On the page that appears in the Microsoft Store Switch out of S mode or a similar page, select the Get...
  5. how to switch off windows 10 s mode and install windows 10 pro or Windows 10 Home

how to switch off windows 10 s mode and install windows 10 pro or Windows 10 Home: I purchased an Asus F510 QA laptop that comes with Windows 10 S mode. How to switch off S mode and install Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home and at what cost?...
  6. Bluetooth on off switch missing in windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth on off switch missing in windows 10 update: I have a BOSE Mini speaker that was connected to my windows 10 computer. After the latest update the speaker will not work. In the Bluetooth section it says that Bluetooth is turned off, but the on / off switch is missing and I cannot turn it back on. This is windows 10...
  7. Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How?: My brother updated Windows 8 to Windows 10, then I failed to activated Windows 10 by troubleshooting. After completed, troubleshooting found Windows 10 Home digital license for device running windows 10 pro. To activate using this digital license, I need to install windows 10...
  8. How to completely switch of windows updates in 10

How to completely switch of windows updates in 10: Hi, I would like completely switch of updates in Windows 10 pro how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-completely-switch-of-windows-updates-in-10/cac8637b-f082-44b7-8cde-066b28487ba8
  9. How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro: I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that. 117214
  10. Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not switching off completely and not starting right: Hello, I got a new laptop on summer which run perfectly well on W81. until recently, when I decided to make a clean install of W10 and some problems started. Thanks to great people in this forum I solved them (Solved Stuck in UEFI after reset to default. - Windows 10...