Windows 10: How configure a gmail account in windows mail

Discus and support How configure a gmail account in windows mail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do i configure a gmail account in windows mail ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swattpeterson, Dec 10, 2018.

1. How configure a gmail account in windows mail

how do i configure a gmail account in windows mail ?

:)

Swattpeterson, Dec 10, 2018

2. Unable to configure gmail account with Windows 10 mail app

Hello Judodan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums and apology for the delayed response.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with configuring your gmail account with mail app on your Windows 10 computer. I would certainly help you with this.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• If the app is not updated.
    • If the app is not synced properly.

Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Let's run the app troubleshooter and check opening the mail app .

App Troubleshooter

Method 2:

If the issue persists, we can try the steps in the article and check if that works.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

You may also refer the suggestions by
    FaisalTamimi
    replied on in this thread below. This has helped some of our community members to get Gmail account configured with their mail app.

Can't add GMAIL account to windows 10 mail

Can't add GMAIL account to windows 10 mail

Hope this helps. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Gmail Account

Hi Cheryl,

Windows can detect if the settings for you account is updated and will display notification if there are updated configurations from your email provider yet the mail set up in Windows have not been updated. To better assist you, we'd like to ask the following
    questions:

• What mail app are you using to access your Gmail account?
    • Are you having issues sending or receiving emails?
    • Is the account configured as POP/IMAP?

In the time, we suggest that you contact the Gmail support team to check for updated configuration for your account so you can make the necessary changes in your Windows mail program.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Dec 10, 2018
  4. How configure a gmail account in windows mail

When I try to login to my Hotmail account, my Gmail account comes up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• How do you access your Email account (Web browser or Email client)?

If you are using Mail app, I would suggest you to first check, if Hotmail account is configured on Mail app?

Try these steps below to configure Hotmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Hotmail account on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
      Other account.

• Add you Hotmail account Email address and
      Password in the Other account Window and check, if it works.

If both Hotmail and Gmail account is configured on Mail app, you can switch between Gmail and Hotmail account on Mail app. By clicking on the respective account name on bottom left.

If you do not want to use Gmail account on Mail app, you can delete the Gmail account.

Try these steps below to delete the Gmail account on Mail app:

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.

• Check for Gmail account on Choose an account
      Window, then delete the Gmail account.
    If you are using a web browser, I would suggest you to go to
    https://www.mail.live.com and sign in using your Hotmail.com Email address.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

How configure a gmail account in windows mail

1. How configure a gmail account in windows mail - Similar Threads - configure gmail account

2. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  3. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  4. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  6. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  7. How to configure my gmail account on windows 11 email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to configure my gmail account on windows 11 email?: I move to windows 11 and don't know how to connect my gmail account to my laptop. From where can I set up my email account on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-my-gmail-account-on-windows-11/4deaac63-ad55-4eb3-958f-38cbfa1947f3
  8. How to configure my gmail account on windows 11 email?

How to configure my gmail account on windows 11 email?: I move to windows 11 and don't know how to connect my gmail account to my laptop. From where can I set up my email account on the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-my-gmail-account-on-windows-11/4deaac63-ad55-4eb3-958f-38cbfa1947f3
  9. Windows Mail two gmail accounts - how much space?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail two gmail accounts - how much space?: Been having problems with missing/slow gmail messages..think may be overloaded. How do I find out how many Gb have been used and thus how much remaining in each of these two gmail accounts? Thanks, Pete windows 10 154988
  10. How to add Gmail delegated accounts to Microsoft Mail?

How to add Gmail delegated accounts to Microsoft Mail?: Can anyone help me adding Gmail delegated accounts to Microsoft Mail app? I already synced my corporate mail and cannot find the option to sync delegated mails as well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. configure gmail in windows mail

2. configure microsoft mail for gmail