Windows 10: How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files

Discus and support How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, how can I configure Windows to allow scanning and display permissions of directories, subdirectories and files on an entire volume so that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ktokolwiek, Aug 5, 2021.

1. How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files

Hi, how can I configure Windows to allow scanning and display permissions of directories, subdirectories and files on an entire volume so that the contents of files cannot be viewed/read or changed at the same time? icacls ? but how ? [Version 10.0.19043.1083] Thx, J.

:)

Ktokolwiek, Aug 5, 2021
  2. n0tiert Win User

Batch file

recopy script added the :menu tag and it should jump back to menu

might also be run as admin to have permission of deleting files in spooler dir

n0tiert, Aug 5, 2021
  3. oily_17 Win User
    Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Aug 5, 2021
  4. How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files

cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files

1. How configure permission scan dir and files without reading the files - Similar Threads - configure permission scan

2. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About read & execute permission for text file: When you create a fileetc, create a text file using explorer, it seems read & execute permission is given by default. Why read & execute permission is given by default to a text file ?Can this permission be removed ?...
  3. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?: Hello ExpertsWhen I run the below command, it creates a bat file with trailing new linedir /r /s /b setup.exe > installMe.batinstallMe.bat content is as belowC:\temp\folder1\setup.exe then there is a newline hereI dont want newline in the installMe.bat, since later, I want to...
  4. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?: Hello ExpertsWhen I run the below command, it creates a bat file with trailing new linedir /r /s /b setup.exe > installMe.batinstallMe.bat content is as belowC:\temp\folder1\setup.exe then there is a newline hereI dont want newline in the installMe.bat, since later, I want to...
  5. How to write a dir output to a file without trailing new line?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't obtain read permissions on a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't obtain read permissions on a file: Hi, I have an issue where I cannot obtain effective read permissions on a specific file. I cannot even copy the file. I have 2 drives and the issue happens on either. No third party software can open the file lack of permissions. I got the file to an other computer using a...
  7. how to use cmd prompt to delete files and subdirs without harming dir

in Windows 10 Support
    how to use cmd prompt to delete files and subdirs without harming dir: I was able to use cmd to save all important files to external drives, thanks to advice from this forum. Now I want to delete files and subdirectories from default folders like Pictures, Documents, et al, but not the main folder or hidden or system files. Just the stuff I put...
  8. Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing To Zip File: "File Not Found Or No Read Permission": Here's the situation: I have issues zipping up the contents of my wwwroot folder. I do this to back up my personal webwork (and IIS makes it nicely convenient). When I use Windows compression (preferred way, fast and simple), I get the error "File Not Found Or No Read...
  9. File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect

in Windows 10 Support
    File and Dir security permission settings not taking effect: I have been going nuts with this. For the past 3 days I have been getting messages saying I do not have permission to write in directories where I am listed as the owner. I have ensured that the users MyuserID, Administrators, and SYSTEM all have Full control over the...
  10. Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.: Hello, I just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and am running into some problems that never occurred to me before. My previous version of Windows 10 failed because of some system restore custom app that I downloaded so I had to reinstall. Anyway, I make a clean...