How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

Discus and support How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Mine was with Win 7. This was done few years back throughWin7 upgrade disk. I have this Win 7 upgrade disk and COA for it. (Bought from Amazon) Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cabbage, Aug 2, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

Mine was with Win 7. This was done few years back throughWin7 upgrade disk.
    I have this Win 7 upgrade disk and COA for it. (Bought from Amazon)
    Can I revert back to Win 7

:)

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  2. JuturuVihari Win User

Regarding windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Okay i will downgrade but do i need to clean install or can i have previous files of windows 8

After downgrading how to reserve windows 10

JuturuVihari, Aug 2, 2015
  3. S.K. LAM Win User
    How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Torquemada Win User

No,not from a clean install. Unless you've made a backup of the original install you'll have to reinstall W7 .

Why revert back? having problems?

Torquemada, Aug 2, 2015
  5. cabbage Win User
    When I first did my upgrade from Win 7 my sound -SB X-Fi Xtreme Music working. I took the plunge after two days to perform Win 10 clean install using USB key that had downloaded Win 10 from Window Media....

Now I have tried all tricks and no sound on the speakers-I could hear sound on headphone attached to ear phone pin in the front of the desk top.

I have previously made a Win 7 image using Acronis True Home Image 2012 on an external hard drive.
    Do you feel if I install my Acronis True Home Image 2012 (I do not own 2015 version) in Win 10 computer, I could boot to Acronis recovery disk and install Win 7 again? I do not want to experiment in case I make this computer a "brick"?
    Regards

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  6. cabbage Win User
    Mine now working well.
    Sound now playing without me have to do anything...
    On the whole after some heart stopping moments now I am back on...

Regards

cabbage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install. - Similar Threads - downgrade Win clean

1. Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.: Hello, Just as the Title says, I am trying to Downgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with a Windows 8 ISO using EasyBCD, Since i dont have a flash drive, I could not do it and had to resort on EasyBCD, I forgot to add some files to the partition and i made the Installer default, and...
  2. Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Downgrade to Win 8 Using EasyBCD, BSOD occurs, 0x000000f.: Hello, Just as the Title says, I am trying to Downgrade my Lenovo Yoga 300 with a Windows 8 ISO using EasyBCD, Since i dont have a flash drive, I could not do it and had to resort on EasyBCD, I forgot to add some files to the partition and i made the Installer default, and...
  3. Downgrade from win pro to home edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade from win pro to home edition: Hi. I got key for windows home edition, I took my pc to shop for repair but it is reformatted, they installed pro edition. Is it possible to downgrade to home edition ?. If yes how can I do this, if not what is solution ?. Please help. Thanks. 67557
  4. Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade to Win 8 via Advanced Start-Up? No access to boot menu!: *PartyHI*Cool Is it possible to overwrite my install of Windows 10 with a 8.1 by using the Advanced Start-Up option? I can get into the Windows 8 installer disc this way, but I want to make sure I don't screw aything up. My Fujitsu T902 won't let me into the boot menu...
  5. Downgrading from Win-10 1607 to Win-10 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrading from Win-10 1607 to Win-10 1511: Recently Windows 10 on my desktop PC upgraded itself to Build 1607. Immediately my Brother printer stopped working (it was removed from the list of printers and could not be reinstated). Other funny things happened too. I downgraded back to Build 1511 and the printer now...
  6. Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7)

in Windows 10 Support
    Do i need to downgrade my main hard drive (new ssd-win 7): I bought a new ssd for my computer but i still havn't installed anything on it yet. I would like to know if i will have problems or will it be as easy to install and run normaly as the youtube videos show. On my main hard drive i had windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10. I...
  7. downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro: My Dell oem win key is win10 enterprise that i can not update 1703. Can i downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro? windows update will release update 1703 for enterprise or not? 84145
How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install. solved