Windows 10: How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

Discus and support How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Mine was with Win 7. This was done few years back throughWin7 upgrade disk. I have this Win 7 upgrade disk and COA for it. (Bought from Amazon) Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cabbage, Aug 1, 2015.

1. cabbage Win User

How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

Mine was with Win 7. This was done few years back throughWin7 upgrade disk.
    I have this Win 7 upgrade disk and COA for it. (Bought from Amazon)
    Can I revert back to Win 7

:)

cabbage, Aug 1, 2015

2. Regarding windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

Okay i will downgrade but do i need to clean install or can i have previous files of windows 8

After downgrading how to reserve windows 10

JuturuVihari, Aug 1, 2015
  3. S.K. LAM Win User
    How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Aug 1, 2015
  4. How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

No,not from a clean install. Unless you've made a backup of the original install you'll have to reinstall W7 .

Why revert back? having problems?

Torquemada, Aug 1, 2015
  5. cabbage Win User
    When I first did my upgrade from Win 7 my sound -SB X-Fi Xtreme Music working. I took the plunge after two days to perform Win 10 clean install using USB key that had downloaded Win 10 from Window Media....

Now I have tried all tricks and no sound on the speakers-I could hear sound on headphone attached to ear phone pin in the front of the desk top.

I have previously made a Win 7 image using Acronis True Home Image 2012 on an external hard drive.
    Do you feel if I install my Acronis True Home Image 2012 (I do not own 2015 version) in Win 10 computer, I could boot to Acronis recovery disk and install Win 7 again? I do not want to experiment in case I make this computer a "brick"?
    Regards

cabbage, Aug 2, 2015
  6. cabbage Win User
    Mine now working well.
    Sound now playing without me have to do anything...
    On the whole after some heart stopping moments now I am back on...

Regards

cabbage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install.

1. How could I downgrade to Win 7 after a clean Win 10 install. - Similar Threads - downgrade clean install

2. Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Win 7 HP with Win 10 Home: Good afternoon, I gave my Sister a Win 7 HP SP1 [ Genuine ] Laptop a few years ago which she now doesn't use, and knowing my Sister, there will be a LOT of junk on there. I am getting it back at some stage over the next couple of weeks and I would ideally like to just Clean...
  3. Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC

Clean install win 10 on win 7 running PC: I have intel i5 6th generation PC that has Windows 7 Professional 32bit. If I do windows 10 clean install Can I get windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-win-10-on-win-7-running-pc/29e86df3-77a2-4af8-9b7a-7b9fcadbe3c8
  4. Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install

Upgrading Win 7 to Win 10 Versus Clean Install: I am running windows 7 and downloaded the free windows 10 upgrade back when Microsoft offered it and stored it on my drive. I installed it, registered, then reverted to 7. Now as I understand it, this install file is an upgrade version to be put on over windows 7. But what...
  5. Downgrade win 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade win 10 to 7: Hi, Is this possible to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7 or I could use windows 10 license key for windows 7? Regards, majid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-win-10-to-7/fec229c4-dcd3-467b-bc45-b084340b9e7a"
  6. Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7

Downgrade Win 10 to Win 7: Hello everyone! I am having a lot of trouble with this new refurbish computer I bought from Amazon. It has Win 10 installed through the seller, I didn't realized how hard it is to learn. All my games such as card games from multiple web sites can't be played on this computer....
  7. clean install or reroll to win 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean install or reroll to win 7?: is it normal for the upgrade to lag at evrything? when i had the win 10 tp it was great and fast at evrything but once i upgraded my win 7 it seems evrything starts slow gaming has allot of lag will it help to do a clean install or am i better of restoring windows 7? 9936
  8. How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?

How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10?: How to dual boot Win 10 & win 7 after win 7 updated to win 10? OK, maybe my title is confusing, but I am wondering if it is possible to first upgrade my present win 7 OS to win 10 than do a clean install of win 10, then dual boot with a fresh install of win 7 in a dual...
  9. Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7)

Downgrading error (win. 10 to 7): So I tried to downgrade windows 10 to windows 7. Aside from having an installation problem which I am now running 32 bit instead of 64 for whatever reason, I cannot go back to windows 7 because it said "The files we need to take you back to a previous version of Windows were...
  10. Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade to WIn 7 From 10: Hello Everyone, I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7, i would like to downgrade back to Win 7, until All the Bugs are fixed in Win 10, My Win 10 is currently Activated, if i downgrade, and then upgrade at a later time, will my Win 10 Upgrade be Activated once i decide to upgrade...