Windows 10: how could i fix cpu bottleneck

Discus and support how could i fix cpu bottleneck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; can anyone tell me how to fix a cpu bottleneck my cpu is i5-3470 3.20ghz and my gpu geforce gtx 1650 and is it a good idea to upgrade the cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jasondodd5, Sep 11, 2020.

1. how could i fix cpu bottleneck

can anyone tell me how to fix a cpu bottleneck my cpu is

i5-3470 3.20ghz

and my gpu

geforce gtx 1650

and is it a good idea to upgrade the cpu to i7 3770

becuase im thinking about buying one

:)

jasondodd5, Sep 11, 2020
  2. b82rez Win User

Is this cpu bottleneck

Yep - That CPU is your 'bottleneck', although it should still play games alright? Can you show us a full list of specs and what issue you are actually having? *Smile how could i fix cpu bottleneck :)

b82rez, Sep 11, 2020
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Faith Win User

how could i fix cpu bottleneck

bottleneck question

What are you talking about. Of course there's such thing as a bottleneck. It's called "bound". High resolutions yield GPU bound situations, while high framerates yield CPU bound situations, depending on the game. You want a system that plays each other in balance. Developers usually don't include bounds or bottlenecks in their system requirements because they are targeted at a specific framerate and detail level. OP is running a 60Hz display so he'll be bottlenecked by the monitor if the framerate goes over 60 for example. 98% gpu usage and 70% cpu usage means there's headroom for an upgrade. In OP's shoes I would monitor the usages of both the cpu and gpu in Afterburner while playing to determin if there's a bottleneck somewhere. The i5 2500 is getting quite old now. Fortunately games still likes high single core frequencies, but the shift for multi cores has increased drastically the last few years.

Battlefield uses Frostbite Engine, an engine that favors processors in high-numbered matches. I haven't played BF3 or 4 since they came out so I don't know exactly where the bottleneck starts and on what cpus/gpus. Pairing a RTX 2060 with a i5 2500 seems, to me anyway, like a bad idea. Especially considering that you're paying privilage for ray tracing cores on any RTX card, something that definitely will affect the cpu in some way when it's enabled. BF3 and 4 doesn't use it either. Bumping the resolution to 4K might work in favor for the 2060, but my suggestion would be to upgrade cheaper and wait/save for a more feature complete build later on. Just my opinion of course.

Faith, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

how could i fix cpu bottleneck

1. how could i fix cpu bottleneck - Similar Threads - fix cpu bottleneck

2. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Bottleneck?: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  3. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM Bottleneck?: Hello, I have got my girlfriend a rx 580 8gb with her i3 10100f, which is pretty good. However, games are performing worse than when she had a gt 710. Even Mimecraft goes on low fps. Besides that, she got only 1x8 of ram, which pc only uses 6gb as max dk why, When I open any...
  4. RAM Bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do i get rid of a bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get rid of a bottleneck?: i recently looked at a bottleneck calculator online and it said that my cpu is too powerful for my gpu which is causing a bottleneck my specs are ryzen 3 4100 and a gtx 1650...
  6. how do i get rid of a bottleneck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get rid of a bottleneck?: i recently looked at a bottleneck calculator online and it said that my cpu is too powerful for my gpu which is causing a bottleneck my specs are ryzen 3 4100 and a gtx 1650...
  7. How could i fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How could i fix it?: when i open up my dragon center i see this and the setting icon doesn't work . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-could-i-fix-it/967d71a4-6186-4c5e-b37f-7b8512131b84
  8. Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is my CPU bottlenecking my GPU?: I feel like it is. MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi 32gigs 3600mhz Neo Trident Z DDR4 Ryzen 3900X Radeon RX 6900 XT Nothing is overclocked. I do plan on upgrading to the Ryzen 5900X when the price becomes reasonable. 179745
  9. Cpu bottleneck after Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu bottleneck after Windows Update?: Hello, I used to play Modern warfare and other games with 7700k and 2080ti @1440p, never had a problem, gpu usage was always 100+% and max cpu usage 65%. And this was at the end of august, then i sold my 2080ti for 3080 but everyone knows they are not available, i stayed...
  10. bottleneck question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    bottleneck question: I want to buy gtx 1660 ti ventus xs 6gb will it bottleneck my cpu i mainly play battlefield 3 and 4 only i can go upto 4k resolution through nvidia control panel too my specs: asus b75mLX 16 gb ram seasonic x650 gold psu Samsung syncmaster 60hz monitor i5 2500 cpu 137693