Windows 10: How could I recover my bitlocker D drive after updating windows 10

Discus and support How could I recover my bitlocker D drive after updating windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 partition: C drive for boosting, D drive for data. After updating windows 10 to latest version, I don't see my D drive anymore. D drive was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uyquoc, Jan 2, 2019.

1. uyquoc Win User

How could I recover my bitlocker D drive after updating windows 10

I have 2 partition: C drive for boosting, D drive for data. After updating windows 10 to latest version, I don't see my D drive anymore. D drive was using BitLocker to secure data. When I use Disk Management, it was showing as follows. These data is really important, how could I recover them? Thanks for your help.
    How could I recover my bitlocker D drive after updating windows 10 3bc46e61-703a-49e4-99de-4d920769a7dd?upload=true.png

:)

uyquoc, Jan 2, 2019
  2. mcraygsx Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Here is the screenshot

Imgur
    As you can see Drive D is no longer present in BitLocker Drive Encryption.

When I click on this Drive under Explorer I got the option to FORMAT this Drive and when I click cancel I get the following.
    Imgur
    When I do Right Click on this Drive, I no longer see BitLocker option like I used to.

mcraygsx, Jan 2, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 2, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8.1 PRO unable to unlock Bitlocked drive

Can you take a screen shot of the bitlocker window?

Also, what happens when you highlight the drive in This PC and go to the Manage tab? There should be some bitlocker options there.

newtekie1, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How could I recover my bitlocker D drive after updating windows 10 - Similar Threads - recover bitlocker drive

2. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....: How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C. I forgot to create back up storage for the drive D before expanding the space...
  3. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....: How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C. I forgot to create back up storage for the drive D before expanding the space...
  4. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  6. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  7. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I recover my D Drive in my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my D Drive in my laptop?: Hello there! So the External D Drive on my laptop suddenly disappeared, and the D Drive is an SDXC Card. I've tried several steps to restore it on YouTube and on Google such as: Re-Scan Disks, Re-Install USB Root Hub, Perform Safe Boot, etc. And also on my laptop there is no...
  9. How do I recover my D Drive in my laptop?

How do I recover my D Drive in my laptop?: Hello there! So the External D Drive on my laptop suddenly disappeared, and the D Drive is an SDXC Card. I've tried several steps to restore it on YouTube and on Google such as: Re-Scan Disks, Re-Install USB Root Hub, Perform Safe Boot, etc. And also on my laptop there is no...
  10. How to recover D drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to recover D drive?: I followed steps in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/d-drive-full-but-no-files-found/50db6b77-2f15-457f-8c34-182a682dd4ce to try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ould i add bit locker to my recovery drive?