Windows 10: How could Microsoft release an update that takes away my audio?

Discus and support How could Microsoft release an update that takes away my audio? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After recent update, audio completely died on my Windows 10 laptop. No output device. Troubleshooter does nothing. Updating driver does nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlanHouck, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AlanHouck Win User

How could Microsoft release an update that takes away my audio?

After recent update, audio completely died on my Windows 10 laptop. No output device. Troubleshooter does nothing. Updating driver does nothing. Uninstalling driver does nothing. No fix from Microsoft. I've seen long complicated suggestions, but I don't have hours and I'm not a PC technician. So I'm doing a system restore, which takes a huge amount of time, and who knows if it will work. And if it does, the update will come back, so audio may be gone again. Why would Microsoft do this? I want a Chromebook.

:)

AlanHouck, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 12, 2018
  3. After I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working

I'm facing a problem after I installed the updates KB3176936, KB3176934, and KB3176495, the audio stopped working.

I contact Dell's support and together we tried to:

• Update the driver
    • Reinstall the driver
    • Uninstall the driver to use windows suggested drivers.
    • Remove the drivers to use the microsoft drivers.
    • Run sfc
    • Run Dell Assist Tools
    • Run Driver updates tools
    • Uninstalled the Windows updates.

None fixed the problem.

During the RCA I restored my computer 3 times and the issue is not on the sound card, since when I restore the system it works.

I'd like to know what would be the next steps.

Is Microsft release a patch for the update that is breaking the audio?

Diego Vivo, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

NO AUDIO WITH MICROSOFT WIRELESS ADAPTER

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Update the sound drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your audio/sound devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Arul_D, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. How could Microsoft release an update that takes away my audio? - Similar Threads - Microsoft release update

2. why did the windows 11 update take my bluetooth away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did the windows 11 update take my bluetooth away: my bluetooth is gone and wont install i want windows 10 back how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-windows-11-update-take-my-bluetooth/4d99ec0b-e7fe-4d72-8da6-091cd2c93ff3
  3. why did the windows 11 update take my bluetooth away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did the windows 11 update take my bluetooth away: my bluetooth is gone and wont install i want windows 10 back how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-the-windows-11-update-take-my-bluetooth/4d99ec0b-e7fe-4d72-8da6-091cd2c93ff3
  4. update took away my license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update took away my license: I went to settings mention that im running a non-genuine Windows product. I just run an update and install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-took-away-my-license/d270ebd9-de67-4bcc-b154-7a6a35fa86da
  5. Sometimes, my audio goes away and my laptop crashes…

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sometimes, my audio goes away and my laptop crashes…: I own an Acer Spin 3 laptop that has been working fine up until yesterday. Audio out of nowhere will cut out, so I try to adjust the volume with the buttons on the keyboard, and everything crashes. These 2 issues have been annoying me so much. I’ve even done a factory reset,...
  6. Microsoft Security Update Release

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Security Update Release: Since mid Dec 2019 I've received from Microsoft the above email notices about what is in the release. Suddenly in mid Dec '19, I've not received any. On the bottom of the old emails, there is a link TO STOP receiving but nothing where I can START receiving. I clicked on link...
  7. Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft taking control away from the owner of the computer.: My computer installed something at start up one morning and since has locked me out of Apps and Administrative functions. I have repeatedly been asked about a password change, and have complied by doing so. At one point I was informed the Reset would not take away the "Temp"...
  8. Microsoft reveals how it validates updates before release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how it validates updates before release: Microsoft promised in November 2018 that it would make an effort to improve update transparency and quality. The company went through a streak of bad updates that caused all kinds of issues on Windows devices. Tip: check out our overview of the latest Windows updates and...
  9. WHY I HELL DID MICROSOFT TAKE AWAY MOST OF MY ALBUM ART WORK ?!?!?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHY I HELL DID MICROSOFT TAKE AWAY MOST OF MY ALBUM ART WORK ?!?!?!: ART WORK TAKEN BY MICROSOFT !!! HELP PLEASE A.S.A.P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-hell-did-microsoft-take-away-most-of-my/d334a187-6fae-426b-b9c2-1a87f3aa0726"
  10. HOW TO TAKE AWAY SHARED SCREEN MICROSOFT VISIO

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO TAKE AWAY SHARED SCREEN MICROSOFT VISIO: I HAVE A PROBLEM... MAYBE ITS A SOLUTION. I AM WORKING IN MICROSOFT VISIO. I HAVE A LENOVO PC. TODAY I TOOK MY PC FROM THE DOCKING STATION AND TRAVELLED TOO MY CABIN. I FORGOT TOO TAKE ALL WINDOWS FROM THE BIG SCREEN IN OFFICE DOWN TOO TE PC SCREEN. NOW I CANNOT USE EVERY...