Windows 10: How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10

Discus and support How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wireless adapter can't seem to run longer than 30 minutes without needing to be reset. I'm guessing I need to update the driver or get a new card,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abritc, Jan 16, 2021.

1. abritc Win User

How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10

My wireless adapter can't seem to run longer than 30 minutes without needing to be reset. I'm guessing I need to update the driver or get a new card, but before that it would sure be nice to be able to directly reset the adapter without having to run the troubleshooter program. Running Win 10 Ver 2004.

:)

abritc, Jan 16, 2021
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Shortcut Reset

2. How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Usually, to access the Bluetooth feature on your Windows 10 device, you need to […] This article How to create a Bluetooth shortcut in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Create a Shortcut to Reset My Wireless Adapter in Windows 10: My wireless adapter can't seem to run longer than 30 minutes without needing to be reset. I'm guessing I need to update the driver or get a new card, but before that it would sure be nice to be able to directly reset the adapter without having to run the troubleshooter...
  4. Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card

Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card: Is there a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable a wireless adapter/card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-keyboard-shortcut-to-enabledisable-a/e11be656-9ff9-4e30-8705-9769c56523b0
  5. Create my own shortcut of shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create my own shortcut of shortcuts: Hi! Due COVID-19 I am working remote right now and I'm using Remote Desktop Connection app. My problem is that sometimes I want to change fast between the PC from my job and my personal. I am doing that using CTRL + ALT + HOME and WIN + D which is pretty annoying for me. I...
  6. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  7. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.: your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been trying for days to find out how to do it. ***Title Modified Original: not a question***...
  8. Constantly resetting wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly resetting wireless adapter: Windows 10 on a Dell XPS13. Constantly get message cannot connect to sever and must reset wireless adapter to fix or reboot. Happens 2-3 times an hour. How do I fix this? thx...
  9. create shortcuts in windows 10

create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  10. Create Reset this PC shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Reset this PC shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Reset this PC shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Reset this PC shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. This tutorial will show you how to create...