Windows 10: How Create a System Restore Disk

Discus and support How Create a System Restore Disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk? Thank you, Eileen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eileen Berg, Sep 16, 2018.

1. How Create a System Restore Disk

Hi,

I have a brand new computer. How do I make a system restore disk?

Thank you,

Eileen

:)

Eileen Berg, Sep 16, 2018

2. System Restore failure on Windows 10 PC

System Restore is a wonderful tool - if it works. Unfortunately it fails far too often. I suggest you do this:

• Run the command SystemPropertiesProtection.exe to open the System Restore configuration panel.
    • Turn off System Restore on all partitions. This will delete all existing restore points.
    • Turn on System Restore on the system partition. This should fix the restore problem.
    • Plug in your USB backup disk.
    • Open the Control Panel / File History.
    • Click Create a system image.
    • Plug in a small flash disk (1 GByte will do)
    • Click Create a System Repair Disk. Do NOT copy the system files.
    If you ever need to re-install Windows then you can do it quickly like so:

• Make sure you have a recent backup of your data files.
    • Boot the machine with the small flash disk.
    • Restore the image from the USB backup disk.
    • Restore your data from your backup.

Frederik Long, Sep 16, 2018
  3. System Restore Disk Space Setting Keeps Changing Back to 100%

Hi Tom,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• How did you "turn down the Disk Space Usage setting to 15%"?
    • Do you regularly install and uninstall app or programs in your PC?

To begin with, I would like to inform the folder System Volume Information stores the information created by the PC in order to help you perform System Restore.

The above might occur if you regularly install or make significant changes to the PC and have set the features of System Restore to automatic. This will cause automatic creation of restore points thus increasing the information added to the above folder.

For now, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. On the search bar type, Create System Restore.

2. On this window click on System Protection, and locate the Configure button under
    Protection Settings.

3. Here you can set the space that you wish to set for your Restore. Once set, the points created before will automatically get deleted.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How Create a System Restore Disk

Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (CHow Create a System Restore Disk :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

How Create a System Restore Disk

1. How Create a System Restore Disk - Similar Threads - Create System Restore

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  4. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to create a System restore point on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a System restore point on windows 11: Hi Support,I am using Windows 11 Professional Operating System.I want to create a System restore point in Windows 11.Please guide us how to create a System restore Point in Windows 11.What is the purpose of creating System restore.ThanksPradeep.R...
  6. How to create a System restore point on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a System restore point on windows 11: Hi Support,I am using Windows 11 Professional Operating System.I want to create a System restore point in Windows 11.Please guide us how to create a System restore Point in Windows 11.What is the purpose of creating System restore.ThanksPradeep.R...
  7. How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a system restore point and restore your system from it?: Hi there!Windows has a lot of advanced recovery tools, which help to recover your OS after some crash or unexpected behavior.A system restore point is one of those. It helps you recover your system to the date you recorded the point.You can create these points when...
  8. System Restore will not create a restore point

System Restore will not create a restore point: This has been a recurring problem on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 64bit. I cannot create a System Restore point and System Protection will not turn on. It just keep searching for drives. The error code given is 0x81000203. I have also tried installing Macrium Reflect as a...
  9. creating a system recovery disk

creating a system recovery disk: Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-system-recovery-disk/0e608ccc-c4ed-4b81-90a8-59c2d88208c9
  10. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. systempropertiesprotection 0x81000203