Windows 10: how delete folder

Discus and support how delete folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021.

1. how delete folder

when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways to make it so you always have 'permission from system' 2. how to fix this problem forever

:)

helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how delete folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how delete folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 27, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2021
  4. how delete folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

how delete folder

1. how delete folder - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  3. When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try and delete a folder I get the message You require permission from SYSTEM to make...: When I try the right click>properties>security etc method to fix it, I can't add a new permission for everyone as the 'add' button is greyed out....
  4. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  5. I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...

I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to...: I'm currently trying to delete a leftover folder from my Onedrive. but everytime I try to delete the folder it doesn't show anything. For context, this is a leftover folder which I have deleted most of the files already, but now only this folder is left behind and cannot be...
  6. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  7. If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?

If you delete a local user from your system will the AppData folder be lost?: I have 2 local user accounts on my system. USER1 was created when I was installing Windows 11 on my PC and USER2 is my primary Microsoft account. I have been trying to transfer everything from USER1 to my primary account but there is one giant AppData folder present under...
  8. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  9. Location not available, Folder was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available, Folder was deleted: Hi,Im on Window 11.I deleted a game folder previously and I'm not sure if i have deleted the game or the game folder, because it still appears on my disk but when i try to open it, the dialog box says as shown in the image attached. and when i try to delete it says "This is...
  10. Location not available, Folder was deleted