Windows 10: how delete folder

Discus and support how delete folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021.

1. how delete folder

when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways to make it so you always have 'permission from system' 2. how to fix this problem forever

:)

helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how delete folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how delete folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 27, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2021
  4. how delete folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

how delete folder

1. how delete folder - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. Unable to delete a folder on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to delete a folder on my desktop: I have this folder on my desktop and I want to delete thatbut when I delete that I'm getting this error message why is this happening and what am I suppose to do?...
  3. Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files and folders in Documents folder.: Why I cant delete folders and files in my documents folder also on some folders like videos and pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-and-folders-in-documents-folder/65b04852-3916-4099-b1ac-585106682994
  4. How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder

How to Delete Files in Windows Apps Folder: Hi, I unable to delete files in the Windows Apps folder. I have tried all recommended options and they still do not work. Additionally, I have tried both Powershell and Command Prompt to no avail. I am confident that these files are not necessary to operating my PC as they...
  5. I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted

I uninstalled a program from control panel and all folders outside the folder got deleted: I have an another partition other than C, in which i have ton of folders one of them is a Games folder had multiple folders of different games there and also an excel file too. so i uninstalled a game from control panel and all the folders in GAMES folder got deleted. there...
  6. How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?

How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?: I want to delete the default personal folders because I want to change their icons but when I do this they come back... oddly they are able to come back even if I already have a folder with that exact same name already in the folder does anyone know how to remedy this I know...
  7. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  8. could I delete folder MrtCache windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    could I delete folder MrtCache windows 10?: I attempt to disable My phones in windows 10 64in editor registry see Mrtcache full filesbegine one one because afraidcoul delete all folder MrtCache withoute demage?...
  9. Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App

Uninstall not deleting the game Folder.. What do to? XBOX PC App: Hello guys!I just noticed the Xbox APP for Windows 10, when you select to uninstall from the app any game, it removes from the App, but inside the Windows App folder, the game is still there! and if you try to download the game from the Xbox App again, instead of download...
  10. If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its...: If i delete or format the windows folder on d drive trojan not changing the data or its still vulnerable if i use windows 8.1 rt rtm update 3 updates to 2023 or embedded standard...