Windows 10: how delete folder

Discus and support how delete folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021.

1. how delete folder

when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways to make it so you always have 'permission from system' 2. how to fix this problem forever

:)

helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how delete folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how delete folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 27, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2021
  4. how delete folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

how delete folder

1. how delete folder - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...: I have SSD drive partitioned as drive C: system and drive D: Documents after moving from user default Drive C: Drive C space was getting low and expanding it made sense. But Disk Manager could not expand C: unless I first deleted partition D: I deleted partition D, Expanded...
  3. Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Partition with Documents Folder. But my "File Explorer" tab disappeared from status...: I have SSD drive partitioned as drive C: system and drive D: Documents after moving from user default Drive C: Drive C space was getting low and expanding it made sense. But Disk Manager could not expand C: unless I first deleted partition D: I deleted partition D, Expanded...
  4. deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler: so I deleted a game from drive c and copied and pasted it into drive E so now it's currently in drive E but I can't access it and it's not showing in my xbox gamepass libraryhow can I fix this? without reinstalling...
  5. deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler

deleting a game from a folder and moving into another foler: so I deleted a game from drive c and copied and pasted it into drive E so now it's currently in drive E but I can't access it and it's not showing in my xbox gamepass libraryhow can I fix this? without reinstalling...
  6. Permanently deleting the library folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently deleting the library folder: Why can't I remove the library folder from the navigation pane on the file explorer. I already tried the "options->view" and unchecked the library box, but it has no effect. For that matter, the "network" folder has the same issue. I can't see a difference when the 'nav' box...
  7. Permanently deleting the library folder

Permanently deleting the library folder: Why can't I remove the library folder from the navigation pane on the file explorer. I already tried the "options->view" and unchecked the library box, but it has no effect. For that matter, the "network" folder has the same issue. I can't see a difference when the 'nav' box...
  8. i need help to delete the additional root folders i created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to delete the additional root folders i created: Hello. so i made the big mistakes of creating root folders and filesand i need help to delete themso basically i was trying to code a node and java file and i didnt thought of what permissions im giving to the VS codeand about 1 or 2 hours later i realised everything im...
  9. i need help to delete the additional root folders i created

i need help to delete the additional root folders i created: Hello. so i made the big mistakes of creating root folders and filesand i need help to delete themso basically i was trying to code a node and java file and i didnt thought of what permissions im giving to the VS codeand about 1 or 2 hours later i realised everything im...
  10. Unable to delete folder "ZXBBA02A12A" in D drive even from DOS or change permissions in windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder "ZXBBA02A12A" in D drive even from DOS or change permissions in windows: There is a folder with the name "ZXBBA02A12A" and the size is 150 GB. I am unable to delete this folder.I checked the folder structure and there are many misc files inside this along with some random files without any extension.Tried to delete from DOS and as well as from...