Windows 10: how delete folder

Discus and support how delete folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021.

1. how delete folder

when deleting it says you need 'admin permission' then it says 'continue' when press 'continue', it says 'need permission from system' 1. what are ways to make it so you always have 'permission from system' 2. how to fix this problem forever

:)

helpfixcomputer, Jul 27, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how delete folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how delete folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 27, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2021
  4. how delete folder

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

how delete folder

1. how delete folder - Similar Threads - delete folder

2. Windows 10 File or Folder Will Not Delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File or Folder Will Not Delete: Within the last month or so, Windows 10 File Explorer has degraded. I cannot delete some files and folders. I have run troubleshooters and repeated my attempts to delete these troublesome files and folders in SAFE MODE. In safe mode, they appear to be gone. Emptied recycle. I...
  3. Windows 10 File or Folder Will Not Delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 File or Folder Will Not Delete: Within the last month or so, Windows 10 File Explorer has degraded. I cannot delete some files and folders. I have run troubleshooters and repeated my attempts to delete these troublesome files and folders in SAFE MODE. In safe mode, they appear to be gone. Emptied recycle. I...
  4. Windows 10 File or Folder Will Not Delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot delete or rename folder

Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  6. Cannot delete or rename folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete or rename folder: I would like to delete a folder that is in my Documents folder, which is in my One Drive folder, but I am unable to do so and I receive the error message attached below. Based on the error message and from searches I did online, it seems that there is a permission issue. I...
  7. Cannot delete or rename folder

8. Deleting McAfee left a folder in my documents which I can't get rid of

Deleting McAfee left a folder in my documents which I can't get rid of: I have uninatalled McAfee and it left a folder called McAfee Cases or locks for an even rougher translation which I can't get rid of because I don't have the permission to do. I knew how to get permission for a folder a while back but seemed to completely forget about it....
  9. Deleting McAfee left a folder in my documents which I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting McAfee left a folder in my documents which I can't get rid of: I have uninatalled McAfee and it left a folder called McAfee Cases or locks for an even rougher translation which I can't get rid of because I don't have the permission to do. I knew how to get permission for a folder a while back but seemed to completely forget about it....
  10. Deleting McAfee left a folder in my documents which I can't get rid of