Windows 10: How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

Discus and support How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My question is HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? *Banghead I swear I didn't touch the Advanced Sharing settings on my laptop. Usually I set up shares when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Dec 18, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

My question is HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? *Banghead I swear I didn't touch the Advanced Sharing settings on my laptop. Usually I set up shares when I first do a fresh install, and then never change them unless I add or delete drive volumes. But somehow the drive shares got changed.

I sync files on my laptop with files on my desktop for my drives E and F. All of a sudden my file synchronization program started producing weird results.*Sad

Once I set up the sync program with separate "jobs" for drives E and F, everything worked fine for months and months, until it didn't. Files that are on my E drive suddenly started getting sync'ed as part of the F drive job. After several days, I finally stumbled across the issue, by accident. *Confused The E drive was no longer doing any shares, and the F drive was sharing both DEL-E (my share name) and DEL-F. The sync program works on share names, that is why it was doing weird file syncs.

:)

2. woodpitch Win User

advanced sharing settings

Two of my 3 machines are on 1803 and cannot share files. The other machine was still on the older version. I restored the 1803 machines to their older versions and now all 3 machines can see each other, so I know this is an 1803 problem. I tried to fix
    the sharing problem by doing the usual folder Share procedures, but it do no good. I did not know about your suggestion on this site and therefore did not do step 3. I am hoping that your procedure will work, because I see that 1803 is being downloaded on
    my machines as I am writing this note.

Thanks in advance for your help as I will be needing it in the next few hours

woodpitch, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 18, 2019
  4. How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

1. How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume? - Similar Threads - did advanced sharing

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The little volume slider, can it be moved to a different monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The little volume slider, can it be moved to a different monitor?: That tiny slider always shows up on the main monitor, but I'd like it to be on one of my secondary ones. Is there a W10 setting that can change where it appears?...
  6. how to get into advanced mail settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get into advanced mail settings: How do I get into advanced mail settings in icloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-into-advanced-mail-settings/8c2af922-a6ba-40e8-bf95-232a92069b3a
  7. How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?: My question is HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? *Banghead I swear I didn't touch the Advanced Sharing settings on my laptop. Usually I set up shares when I first do a fresh install, and then never change them unless I add or delete drive volumes. But somehow the drive shares got changed....
  8. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Advanced Sharing Center: I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly...
  9. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  10. Advanced sharing query.

Advanced sharing query.: I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices. On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into...