Windows 10: How did I brick my pc?

Discus and support How did I brick my pc? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently downloaded windowsblinds and uninstalled classic shell. Both before restarting my computer when i restarted, my screen was black and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by soupermareeoh, Sep 29, 2020.

1. How did I brick my pc?

I recently downloaded windowsblinds and uninstalled classic shell. Both before restarting my computer when i restarted, my screen was black and my desktop wouldnt load. When i managed to do a rollback and redid it, it basically bricked my pc. It gives me an endless bluescreen. Stardock say windowsblinds didnt do it. Classic Shell wouldnt. So what did?

When installing windowsblinds I turned off my antivirus for a short bit, that couldnt have done it?

Could it?

:)

soupermareeoh, Sep 29, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 29, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

How did I brick my pc?

NavyLCDR, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

How did I brick my pc?

1. How did I brick my pc? - Similar Threads - did brick

2. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  3. I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently did an update - and now none of my documents open: I recently did the updates - 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 and 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 - and after that, I can't open any of my Microsoft...
  4. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  5. I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm in Word on page 53 of my book bring Spellcheck back as I did not request Microsoft...: UNINVITED Microsoft Editor is not as efficient as Spellcheck was! I have to fight to get to the word "it" wants to insert into my Word doc., instead of my chosen word, and it keeps interrupting three times starting in 2023 my book's progress with "Feedback to Microsoft"...
  6. Hey,.! Wins 10 users : Did you. started to receive a Pop up. With the - End of support cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey,.! Wins 10 users : Did you. started to receive a Pop up. With the - End of support cycle: What this all about : Everybody, who using windows 10know that in - Oct. 14 : 2024 - windows 10 willreach its end - of support : Do we really need areminder .. Yes - N0 My answer is - No really,.I logged on my PC at 4 : 30 PM - Today and what asurprise that, instead of...
  7. Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?: I made the utter mistake of giving into the windows update and allowing my PC to update about 3 days ago, ever since I've found an increasing number of things broken and non-functional. - Microsoft's new version of on-screen magnifier... whih I RELY upon to use my PC...
  8. Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?: My Toshiba Satellite laptop completely died before my very eyes this morning. My browser began running slower and slower until the screen just froze. I tried to reboot, but with the frozen display the start menu refused to come up when I clicked the little window icon in the...
  9. Did somebody turn my Lenovo ThinkCentre into a brick?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did somebody turn my Lenovo ThinkCentre into a brick?: I cannot get into the BIOS anymore. Repeated DEL doesn't work, not does pounding on the F2 key. I cannot get into the BIOS anymore. I didn't even want Windows 10 on it when I bought it. I wanted to put Linux Ubuntu Studio on it, so I didn't have to wait forever for updates...
  10. Did Win10 update brick my system ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Win10 update brick my system ??: I updated my Windows10 while shutting down and now my PC seems like it's bricked. It refuses to move past this screen. non-responsive to all keyboard inputs Motherboard : Asus H97-Pro CPU : Intel 4790K I was in the middle of an important project as i shut down the system...