Windows 10: How did internet explorer get on my PC?

Discus and support How did internet explorer get on my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently downloaded a couple programs off the internet: iExplorer (allows you to browse through old texts on your iphone) and Auslogics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Throwawayaskmen2019, Nov 25, 2019.

1. How did internet explorer get on my PC?

I recently downloaded a couple programs off the internet: iExplorer (allows you to browse through old texts on your iphone) and Auslogics BoostSpeed/Registry Cleaner (I had to clean some stuff up to fix some errors associated with iExplorer).

I'm usually pretty good about making sure additional software isn't being installed on top of what I download. Today, I turned on my computer and found Internet Explorer running. Not windows Edge. It's IE. I searched for it in "Add or Remove Programs" and it's not there. I searched for it in the Windows 10 tool bar, and it popped up, but when I hit "Uninstall" I was brought to "Programs and Features" and IE still isn't on that list.

Is IE installed by default on Windows 10? Because I thought Edge was the default browser, and I've never seen IE until I installed these software packages. How do I get rid of IE?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Throwawayaskmen2019
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Throwawayaskmen2019, Nov 25, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

How did internet explorer get on my PC? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 25, 2019
  4. How did internet explorer get on my PC?

Internet Explorer not working

Hi,

To better assist you with your Internet Explorer concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Internet Explorer?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting when using Excel?

Meanwhile, you can refer to PranavMishra5582's suggested steps in fixing Internet Explorer issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

How did internet explorer get on my PC?

1. How did internet explorer get on my PC? - Similar Threads - did internet explorer

2. What is Copilot and How did it get on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Copilot and How did it get on my PC?: What is this "copilot" thing? I have no use for "AI" anything in my life and certainly do not want it on my PC.Also, how was this installed on this pc without my authorization?How to stop this from happening in the future?Please ensure you detail how this is disable AND...
  3. What is Copilot and How did it get on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Copilot and How did it get on my PC?: What is this "copilot" thing? I have no use for "AI" anything in my life and certainly do not want it on my PC.Also, how was this installed on this pc without my authorization?How to stop this from happening in the future?Please ensure you detail how this is disable AND...
  4. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  5. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  6. how did the technician fix my internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how did the technician fix my internet: i have a router in the living room at home. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected that wire to a second router in my bedroom a couple of hours ago the internet in the living room and my bedroom spoilt. the exclamation mark in a triangle appeared next...
  7. Get rid of internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  8. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  9. how to get in internet whit pc

how to get in internet whit pc: how to get in internet whit pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-in-internet-whit-pc/dc5387e0-abe7-4756-bd21-0cf5298ddd65
  10. How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get Metro Internet Explorer back?: Edge is nice, but: 1) It's not touch friendly 2) It makes my fan spin up really loud 3) It makes my computer really really hot 4) Substantially reduces my battery life I have a i5 Surface Pro 3, and with Windows 8.1, it very rarely used to spin up the fan. Now, it...