Windows 10: how did the technician fix my internet

Discus and support how did the technician fix my internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a router in the living room at home. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected that wire to a second router in my bedroom a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cns00, Dec 18, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

how did the technician fix my internet

i have a router in the living room at home. i extended a long network wire to my bedroom and i connected that wire to a second router in my bedroom

a couple of hours ago the internet in the living room and my bedroom spoilt. the exclamation mark in a triangle appeared next to the wifi icon and it said can't connect to internet. it was like that in all the laptops in my house. i switched off the router in the living room and i switched it back on. that fixed the internet in the living room but the internet in my bedroom stayed spoilt. i couldn't get the internet in my bedroom to work. i switched my router off and on many times and the internet in my bedroom would not come back

i connected the laptop to the long network wire which comes into my bedroom. the internet worked. i connected the long internet wire to the router in my bedroom and then i connected another network wire from that router to the laptop. there was no internet and the exclamation mark in a triangle appeared next to the wifi icon. i gave up and i called a technician to come to my house

first the technician connected the long network wire which comes into my bedroom to the laptop and then he went to cmd and he typed a bunch of ipconfig commands. after that he connected the long network wire to the router in my bedroom and he connected network wire from router to the laptop and he typed more commands in the cmd and then the internet was fixed in my bedroom

can anyone please tell me exactly how did the technician fix the internet in my bedroom and what were the commands that he typed in the cmd when the long internet wire was connected to the laptop and when the network wire from the router was connected to the laptop?

:)

cns00, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Rohit_SG Win User

Connect to technician

Hi Lee,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community Forums.

We would be happy to assist you. However, we will not be able to connect to any technician from other support channels. If you want to contact a technician with your case number, you need to connect through the same channel (Phone/Chat) for support.

We provide technical suggestions for any queries in Windows. You can provide us the details of the issue and we’ll be glad to assist you with the troubleshooting steps which you can follow to resolve the issue.

Have a nice day!

Rohit_SG, Dec 18, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 18, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. how did the technician fix my internet - Similar Threads - did technician fix

2. How to fix internet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix internet problem: I’m having issues with my drivers or my pc I reinstalled windows and still having the same problems I checked my pc and it’s good also I network rest and then it doesn’t connect I fully clean the computer and still can you guys help me please?...
  3. How to fix internet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix internet problem: I’m having issues with my drivers or my pc I reinstalled windows and still having the same problems I checked my pc and it’s good also I network rest and then it doesn’t connect I fully clean the computer and still can you guys help me please?...
  4. how to fix No Internet Access But Internet Works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix No Internet Access But Internet Works: it is very strangethe internet works,but shows no internet access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-no-internet-access-but-internet-works/6c29ef73-c404-481b-938c-6adab72b775b
  5. how to fix No Internet Access But Internet Works

how to fix No Internet Access But Internet Works: it is very strangethe internet works,but shows no internet access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-no-internet-access-but-internet-works/6c29ef73-c404-481b-938c-6adab72b775b
  6. How to fixed a camera did not open

How to fixed a camera did not open: My camera cannot find in my laptop, there is an error code: 0xA00F42440xC00DABE0.. can you please help me to resolve it.. It started since my laptop upgraded in windows 10...
  7. microsoft technician

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft technician: Hi Peeps This should be an easy question. Can someone please tell me do microsoft technicians still offer IT services to the public for a yearly subscription? If the answer is yea how do I find them to sign up? I want to start my own small business and wish to recruit...
  8. How did internet explorer get on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How did internet explorer get on my PC?: I recently downloaded a couple programs off the internet: iExplorer (allows you to browse through old texts on your iphone) and Auslogics BoostSpeed/Registry Cleaner (I had to clean some stuff up to fix some errors associated with iExplorer). I'm usually pretty good about...
  9. Any technician

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any technician: I need help please.. i m really stuck in black screen. Intel uni something. I deleted system recovery. Now i boot. I changed the boot menu to hdd as first option but didn't work. I tried using usb media file but it brought me to blue screen saying reovery computer need to be...
  10. No Internet Access - How to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Access - How to fix it: Hello, I am new here, I have to say that new version of Windows looks optimized more than ever, love the style and the functionality of it, but sadly I have some first problems, although I am still not sure if new update is causing them. Yesterday I updated my Windows 7...