Windows 10: How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

Discus and support How did UID get into my User's property/security list? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find:

• SYSTEM
    • S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx
    • Administrators [machine]\Administrators

In another post unknown user account named "s-1-5-21-3872869465-169670-6742-130931603-1001"

This is described by a use as: "The number you mention is called a "SID" Security IDentifier. Each account has a SID. In the access permission list it becomes visible after you delete the account it is tied to."

How does this appear? Who is using it?

Other than a few basic apps, I use this computer mostly to remote to work:

- Logmein

Then I have a few Python development related apps:

- Anaconda/Miniconda

- WSL/Debian

- Apache

:)

NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 14, 2020
  4. INSTG8R Win User

How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

Request: Block User List

If you go to the users Profile in the User List drop down there is "Add to Ignore List". Not sure that covers PM's or the whole forum in general.

INSTG8R, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

1. How did UID get into my User's property/security list? - Similar Threads - did UID User's

2. How did internet explorer get on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How did internet explorer get on my PC?: I recently downloaded a couple programs off the internet: iExplorer (allows you to browse through old texts on your iphone) and Auslogics BoostSpeed/Registry Cleaner (I had to clean some stuff up to fix some errors associated with iExplorer). I'm usually pretty good about...
  3. How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did flash drive contents get on OneDrive in User Folder?: I do not use OneDrive. At least I do not intend to use OneDrive. However, I have just noticed that the OneDrive folder on my hard drive has contents from a flash drive I have inserted into the PC from time to time. I have several questions: (1) How did this most likely...
  4. How did Intel get this on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How did Intel get this on my computer?: So im updating my computer (luckly ones that don't need restarts), no biggie, I finish and I go to shutdown to do some yard work, but it hangs on the shutdown screen, saying some application called "G" is intefering with the shutdown process. I do a hard-shutdown, turn off...
  5. No Security Tab In Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Security Tab In Properties: So I wanted to move music from my computer to a USB drive, but when I got there there was no security tab to change permissions. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Stagcraft184...
  6. how did teamviewer get on my computer ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how did teamviewer get on my computer ?: Actually TeamViewer is not spy Software. Its a legal Remote Desktop software but some Time its maybe hurtful for your pc/laptop/phone/tablet or any other device Just Because of the user permission. Ex. If you Somehow open teamviewer and connect with someone unknown people...
  7. Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security: How can I Add SELF dummy user account from Properties, Security tab? I tried "NT Authority\SELF" or "SELF" but won't accept it... I've read it can be done from PowerShell, but there's no way to do this by Windows Explorer GUI? E.g.: [img] 88071
  8. How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How Did My Microsoft Email Get Changed!: I renamed my PC. Although I'm not sure if this is the culprit. After booting Windows 10 won't accept my password. IN the sign in screen there are 2 accounts showing at the bottom left. When I click one and put it the password I get logged in. Why or how did my Microsoft...
  9. How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get from "Taskbar" to "Properties": I often see instructions along the lines of "You may also right click Taskbar > Properties > Taskbar and Navigation Properties >" I've stumbled onto "properties" when fiddling around with Settings/Control Panel, but now I cannot reproduce this, certainly not if I start from...
  10. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security): Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is " Account Unknwon...