Windows 10: How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

Discus and support How did UID get into my User's property/security list? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find: SYSTEM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

If I right click a file or folder in `C:\Users\[my user]` and select Security tab, then under Group or user names I find:

• SYSTEM
    • S-1-5-21-2111192990-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx-xxxx
    • Administrators [machine]\Administrators

In another post unknown user account named "s-1-5-21-3872869465-169670-6742-130931603-1001"

This is described by a use as: "The number you mention is called a "SID" Security IDentifier. Each account has a SID. In the access permission list it becomes visible after you delete the account it is tied to."

How does this appear? Who is using it?

Other than a few basic apps, I use this computer mostly to remote to work:

- Logmein

Then I have a few Python development related apps:

- Anaconda/Miniconda

- WSL/Debian

- Apache

:)

NeonBikini, Feb 14, 2020

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 14, 2020
  4. INSTG8R Win User

How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

Request: Block User List

If you go to the users Profile in the User List drop down there is "Add to Ignore List". Not sure that covers PM's or the whole forum in general.

INSTG8R, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How did UID get into my User's property/security list?

1. How did UID get into my User's property/security list? - Similar Threads - did UID User's

2. no security tab in properties?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no security tab in properties?: VER: 21H1 19043.1110 There is no security tab in properties and the files and folders are padlocked, so I can't change permissions/ownership? The files are on a USB pendrive, copied from a previous PC (the whole downloads folder infact!). I've tried the: 1) Simply type Win+R...
  3. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  4. How to list folder properties using Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to list folder properties using Powershell: I have this bit of Powershell code that will list all the folder property friendly names, but I can't figure out how to get a list with the associated system properties. Code: $Folder = (New-Object -ComObject Shell.Application).NameSpace("C:\") 0..400 | ForEach { If...
  5. Using C# how to get a list of logged in users to Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using C# how to get a list of logged in users to Windows: How can we get a list of users who are logged in to Windows whether Disconnected or Connected? Basically, I want to get a list of users similar to what we see on Task Manager....
  6. Printer Properties/security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer Properties/security: I accidentally changed my administrator permission to not manage printer. How can I fix this permission to default ... like manage printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-propertiessecurity/5ba24d1c-1c44-4f44-88b1-c9ae86d61c85
  7. System32 security properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 security properties: I had to fix something by gaining access to the System32 folder, then deleted some malicious files, but forgot to write down the default permission settings. This is what I have now - does it look correct? Thank you in advance! > ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES read&execute list...
  8. No Security Tab In Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Security Tab In Properties: So I wanted to move music from my computer to a USB drive, but when I got there there was no security tab to change permissions. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Stagcraft184...
  9. Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security: How can I Add SELF dummy user account from Properties, Security tab? I tried "NT Authority\SELF" or "SELF" but won't accept it... I've read it can be done from PowerShell, but there's no way to do this by Windows Explorer GUI? E.g.: [img] 88071
  10. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security): Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is " Account Unknwon...