Windows 10: How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

Discus and support How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You know I guess it sort of crept up on me that my Windows 10 install is now at around 22 Gb with most apps uninstalled and just Firefox as the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jescott418, Feb 29, 2020.

1. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

You know I guess it sort of crept up on me that my Windows 10 install is now at around 22 Gb with most apps uninstalled and just Firefox as the only third party install. I do clean installs of operating systems like MacOS and with all their built in applications I average around 10Gb space. I can't figure out what requires all this space for a operating system? It's not the apps, or even drivers that use up that much space. No this is purely all about the operating system. I started using Windows back around the time of Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 was nearing completion. I know and expect that a OS will eventually creep up in size as the needs arise for more features, security and abilities. But seriously I don't see any other operating system expand as much as Windows has. With a operating system so big and complex its really not surprising how its become difficult to maintain and fix without creating problems. But I guess my question is, why can't Microsoft do more to shrink not expand this OS? Would we not be better off with a leaner and less filling OS not full of bloat that has caused problems and requires fixes for security flaws?

:)

jescott418, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Feb 29, 2020
  4. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

little cat, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

1. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS? - Similar Threads - did 20Gb install

2. MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT PIN HOW DO WE GET IT: HOW DO MICROSOFT STORE SIGN IN WITHOUT SECRET PIN AND WHERE IS IT OBTAIN FROM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pin-how-do-we-get-it/d448e7a6-5b0f-420d-9765-739af6250198"
  3. Writting 20GB or more to an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Writting 20GB or more to an SSD: Hey guys I have a question in regards to my SSD which is a Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB. So at the end of march ( I think the 28th or 29th) i wrote about 20.43GB of data to my SSD this includes updates for windows 10 (1803) and the game that I play. Today, I wrote about...
  4. How to TRULY get one's OS installed/migrated/copied to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to TRULY get one's OS installed/migrated/copied to SSD: MOST disk cloning forums (that recommend doing an initial install of Windows 10), seem to GLOSS OVER the fact that one CANNOT install Windows 10 to a GPT disk. (It has to be either migrated or copied, instead.) If one attempts to migrate or copy the OS, and the OS is...
  5. how do we get notebook to print in red?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do we get notebook to print in red?: how do we get notebook to print in red? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-we-get-notebook-to-print-in-red/113ae1e0-634b-4deb-8244-7afddd7d48bb
  6. how do we get notebook to print in red?

how do we get notebook to print in red?: how do we get notebook to print in red? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-do-we-get-notebook-to-print-in-red/113ae1e0-634b-4deb-8244-7afddd7d48bb
  7. How did Intel get this on my computer?

How did Intel get this on my computer?: So im updating my computer (luckly ones that don't need restarts), no biggie, I finish and I go to shutdown to do some yard work, but it hangs on the shutdown screen, saying some application called "G" is intefering with the shutdown process. I do a hard-shutdown, turn off...
  8. how did teamviewer get on my computer ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how did teamviewer get on my computer ?: Actually TeamViewer is not spy Software. Its a legal Remote Desktop software but some Time its maybe hurtful for your pc/laptop/phone/tablet or any other device Just Because of the user permission. Ex. If you Somehow open teamviewer and connect with someone unknown people...
  9. How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?

How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?: Hello, After a recent nearly catastrophic computer mishap, I had to reinstall W10 Pro and restore my system. I was cleaning out Seagate Dashboard Software and while looking in my APPDATA Roaming I found a NERO folder with what looks like Nero 11 files. I have not purposely...
  10. When will we get an install notification? its the 29th

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will we get an install notification? its the 29th: soon later today? or after today? I have beefy 4.3 to 4.5MB/s download speed so it'd download in about 15 minutes Will it be downloaded soon or later today? Or even after today? Also tenforums site is REALLY slow for some reason. Had trouble posting this and had to post...