Windows 10: How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

Discus and support How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; You know I guess it sort of crept up on me that my Windows 10 install is now at around 22 Gb with most apps uninstalled and just Firefox as the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jescott418, Feb 29, 2020.

1. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

You know I guess it sort of crept up on me that my Windows 10 install is now at around 22 Gb with most apps uninstalled and just Firefox as the only third party install. I do clean installs of operating systems like MacOS and with all their built in applications I average around 10Gb space. I can't figure out what requires all this space for a operating system? It's not the apps, or even drivers that use up that much space. No this is purely all about the operating system. I started using Windows back around the time of Windows 3.11 and Windows 95 was nearing completion. I know and expect that a OS will eventually creep up in size as the needs arise for more features, security and abilities. But seriously I don't see any other operating system expand as much as Windows has. With a operating system so big and complex its really not surprising how its become difficult to maintain and fix without creating problems. But I guess my question is, why can't Microsoft do more to shrink not expand this OS? Would we not be better off with a leaner and less filling OS not full of bloat that has caused problems and requires fixes for security flaws?

:)

jescott418, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Feb 29, 2020
  4. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

little cat, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS?

1. How did we get to a 20Gb install of a OS? - Similar Threads - did 20Gb install

2. how did i get here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how did i get here?: omg what was i thinking buying a damn hp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-get-here/d2dbaefd-d6d5-4436-b874-ab51e3f9c7e3
  3. how did i get this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how did i get this: How do i remove this thank-you wont let me close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-get-this/bc3de629-de27-4d1e-aaac-d0ff880a76ba
  4. how did i get this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how did i get this: How do i remove this thank-you wont let me close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-get-this/bc3de629-de27-4d1e-aaac-d0ff880a76ba
  5. how did i get this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  7. How did McAfee get installed on my PC?

How did McAfee get installed on my PC?: My PC woke up from sleep on its own. When I signed in, there was a popup from McAfee. I discovered that it had just been installed at the precise time my PC was awakened. I uninstalled it but am having a lot of trouble getting rid of all the related files. I'm getting help...
  8. How did this get here and how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Support
    How did this get here and how to remove it?: windows 10 version 1909 After fresh reinstall, certain of our file folder windows now have colored 'tabs' within the solid blue bar at the top of the folder. Hopefully we were successful in attaching a screenshot of one such tab. Please help us; we only want to see the...
  9. How to get genuine OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get genuine OS: i bought a new HP laptop with win 10, unfortunately i didn't take back up or my genuine OS and formatted it with my organizations OS. so how can i get back my genuine OS ?...
  10. How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?

How did NERO Software get installed on my computer?: Hello, After a recent nearly catastrophic computer mishap, I had to reinstall W10 Pro and restore my system. I was cleaning out Seagate Dashboard Software and while looking in my APPDATA Roaming I found a NERO folder with what looks like Nero 11 files. I have not purposely...