Windows 10: How difficult is it to set up video conferencing?

Discus and support How difficult is it to set up video conferencing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I never needed it before but in these current trying times the World is going through I may need it in the near future to confer with my lawyer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anak, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Anak Win User

How difficult is it to set up video conferencing?

I never needed it before but in these current trying times the World is going through I may need it in the near future to confer with my lawyer.

The machine(s) I'd be using is system one listed at "My Computers" in the lower left corner of my posts, after I get it working there I'd be setting it up on system two as backup. Version and build #'s are listed in my specs: | 10 Home 64-bit | v1909 | Build - 18363.720.

For now I know 'about' skype, zoom, and I've been seeing over cable news that some are using cisco's webex but I don't know which one my lawyer uses and I'm waiting for a callback now, it could be something entirely different.
    p.s. : I did get a callback from their office and we're going to go with a conference call for now and maybe later on get into video.

So my question is: How difficult is it to set up video conferencing with W10 Home edition, and what do I need to look out for? Such as any pitfalls and any tips that would help.

Thanks,
    Steve

:)

2. BruceW268 Win User

Stopcode: System Service Exception when using video conferencing software

My computer crashes regularly when using video conferencing software (Skype, Skype for Business, Zoom, etc.), but does not crash when not video conferencing. Looking at the minidump file, it says Memory Corruption and the only process name listed is dwm.exe.

Currently my Virtual Memory settings are using Windows 10 to automatically manage paging file size, currently allocated 512MB for 8GB of physical memory.

(The "System Service Exception" stopcode is when I don't have my USB mouse plugged in and am using my touchpad. When the mouse is plugged in, I instead get the stopcode "irql not less or equal".)

Minidump of BSOD System Service Exception

BruceW268, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Alex F.W_ Win User
    ZoomVideo conferencing

Is Zoom video conferencing safe? When I tried to install their Outlook App It was blocked by Defender and reported to be unsafe.

Alex F.W_, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Edwin, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. How difficult is it to set up video conferencing? - Similar Threads - difficult set video

2. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  3. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  4. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while video conferencing

BSOD while video conferencing: My laptop, Asus VivoBook X542U, Windows 10 Pro, crashes BSOD while I video conference. This happens on Zoom and also on Microsoft Teams. Sometimes it happens the minute I enter the meeting. Other times it doesn't crash at all. But usually, it crashes after 20-30 minutes into...
  6. Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing: Using a new HP Envy laptop with AMD Ryzen processor. While using video conference service like Zoom but not only Zoom, the audio crashes partway through speakers and microphone "not found". Typically Windows freezes and computer must be restarted. It happens often on video...
  7. How To Use Zoom App (video Conferencing)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Use Zoom App (video Conferencing)?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Revick_net [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbhl8x/how_to_use_zoom_app_video_conferencing/
  8. BSOD with video conferencing

BSOD with video conferencing: Since this week I have had several BSOD while videoconferencing. It has happened with the Skype app, Skype for business in the browser, Zoom, andJitsi. I have tried with apps and with browsers with only one tab and it still happens. The % CPU use gets high around 40% for...
  9. Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?: Really struggling to find something to replace the original excellent Skype now that Microsoft has gone and messed it all up with non stop crashes and so on. I've tried a few but none of them are as simple and straightforward as the old Skype used to be, so any suggestions...
  10. Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?: Hello, This is a bit off of what I usually ask here, but have gotten such great advice in the past, let me take the liberty of asking for some help with this. Son has to have a "video conference" with his Instructor for a new Course he is taking. Neither him, or I, have...