Windows 10: How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

Discus and support How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Got this new laptop, but as usual, the mandatory Windows Update made me do another reboot. But this time it was exceptionally annoying. For starters, I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by StephenDJ41, Feb 10, 2021.

1. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

Got this new laptop, but as usual, the mandatory Windows Update made me do another reboot. But this time it was exceptionally annoying. For starters, I have never asked for nor do I want Microsoft Office (I always use Open Office instead). I did not install it- it just popped up on its own, as Microsoft keeps pitching their product to me. I do not want it. I have a screen shot of what came up after the reboot, and I'm just wondering how to get rid of it permanently so that it never pops up again. How do I stop this from happening?

(screenshot)

:)

StephenDJ41, Feb 10, 2021

2. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

Yes, I know what you mean. MS Office did come preinstalled, as I guess it's part of the package from HP. I also agree that LibreOffice is a good alternative to Word. But the problem is, when I go to "Programs and Features" under Control Panel, none of the programs listed there are Microsoft Office. It's nowhere to be found, so can't uninstall it using that method.

StephenDJ41, Feb 10, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

Haven't had to do it in awhile but as I recall right-clicking the Microsoft Office icon in the M section of the Start menu gives an Uninstall, might be in More. Should also work on its Tile.

Berton, Feb 10, 2021
  4. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

Jsssssssss, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

1. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software - Similar Threads - Disable Microsoft Word

2. How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Disable Microsoft Word popup? Unwanted software: Got this new laptop, but as usual, the mandatory Windows Update made me do another reboot. But this time it was exceptionally annoying. For starters, I have never asked for nor do I want Microsoft Office (I always use Open Office instead). I did not install it- it just popped...
  3. Problems installing a software with Microsoft word

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems installing a software with Microsoft word: I cant install PERRLA on my Microsoft word. I have Microsoft 365 which all I need to intall but it won't allow. Please help. Thanks, Larissa Aque *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Unwanted Software

Unwanted Software: What is the best way to remove "one-updater" from my computer running Windows 10 Pro, OS Build 19041388? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-software/1ab52d26-8cd8-40c0-85cb-b13b45dc4094
  5. How Block Unwanted Software From Starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Block Unwanted Software From Starting: Windows 10 Version 1903 NCH Software seems to have installed 28 of their programs on my PC. There is a directory showing shortcuts to them, including one called Doxillion. Now, when I try to edit a doc file by clicking on the filename in my directory program, l get a...
  6. Task view- unwanted popup

in Windows 10 Support
    Task view- unwanted popup: I tried removing the Task View icon from the Task Bar to stop unwanted 'mini' window pop ups, and rebooted pc; however that did not stop them. Added Task View icon back. Major disruption to working.*Banghead, as this action seems to appear with no rhyme or reason. Winver:...
  7. disable microsoft popup game offers

disable microsoft popup game offers: I want to disable pop up game offers from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-microsoft-popup-game-offers/c9ed951d-3093-41aa-96df-7b09664820ad"
  8. Word software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word software: I lost everything on my computer, including word, etc. I don't think I have the original install. Is there any way to retrieve the software w/o repurchasing? I do have ver 7. Thank you...
  9. unwanted software removal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted software removal: Hi Team, I can see lot of versions of same software is installed in the system. Which one is correct and which one is needed I am not sure. I need some tool to remove the unwanted software ; as my system takes long time to load and kills my harddisk read. one more...
  10. Unwanted Popups Reimage Repair???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unwanted Popups Reimage Repair???: Just started getting several popups opening other tabs. Keeps telling me to download and run Reimage Repair to fix the problem a product of Microsoft. Anyone else having this problem???? 64874