Windows 10: How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?

Discus and support How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 has a internall feature that clean and update registry files. That feature is done one time a each week and allways few minutes after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Augusto SO, Jan 14, 2019.

1. How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?

Windows 10 has a internall feature that clean and update registry files.
    That feature is done one time a each week and allways few minutes after that the system was started.

In Event Log has the follow logs :

The access history in hive \??\C:\Windows\AppCompat\Programs\Amcache.hve was cleared updating 12 keys and creating 2 modified pages
    The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat was cleared updating 4 keys and creating 1 modified pages
    The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\X\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat was cleared updating 2240512 bytes and final size 2236416 bytes
    The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\X\ntuser.dat was cleared updating 876 keys and creating 138 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\config\DRIVERS was cleared updating 6 keys and creating 5 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\BBI was cleared updating 5 keys and creating 1 modified pages
    The access history in hive \??\C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT was cleared updating 23 keys and creating 9 modified pages
    The access history in hive \??\C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT was cleared updating 30 keys and creating 12 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SAM was cleared updating 65 keys and creating 7 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SECURITY was cleared updating 77 keys and creating 5 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\DEFAULT was cleared updating 178 keys and creating 18 modified pages
    The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE was cleared updating 54595584 bytes and final size 54571008 bytes

Not changes are done in system or install new programs. Useless.
    Eache time that is done the feature is writed more of 120 MB in disk one time in each week.
    Windows read, clean and write all files in disk.
    Problem for SSD disks.

How is possible disable or configure that "feature" ?
    Thanks for reply.

:)

Augusto SO, Jan 14, 2019
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Custom Registry Files

Techpowerup nor myself are in no way responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong with a users system if s/he decides to use these registry hacks. You are doing so at your own risk and agree to release me and or Techpowerup from fault that may occur. If a user decides to use these registry hacks, you must BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST!

To backup your registry click Start>Run (or use windows search from the start menu) and type "Regedit" without quotes. Click on File>Export. Name the file whatever you wish and save it somewhere that is NOT on your Windows drive.

Contained inside the attached RAR file you will find 13 registry hacks. They are:

• Copy To - Adds Copy To to the right click context menu
    • Move To - Adds Move To to the right click context menu
    • Enable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Disable Balloon Notification - Self explanatory
    • Extended UI Hover Time - Despite its name it decreases the time it takes to preview a thumbnail
    • Instant Aero Peek - Self explanatory
    • Last Active Click - If you have multiple of the same program open, click the icon and it will bring to you your last open window of that program. Click again and you can cycle through.
    • Menu Show Delay - Decreases the time it takes for the start menu to appear
    • Move Kernel - Moves the Windows Kernel from the HDD to memory increasing system performance slightly.
    • Stop Snap - Disables the Windows 7 Snap feature (when you drag a window to the corner of the screen)
    • Stop Space Checking - Keeps Windows from constantly checking disk space
    • USB Write Protect - Disallows Windows to write to any USB device but will still allow the device to be read from.
    • Wait To Kill Service Timeout - Decreases the time it takes windows to wait for a program to fully close before shutting down.
    I have tested all but Move Kernel, Stop Space Checking, and USB Write Protect and they all work 100%. If you open up the registry file I provide, it will give you more information on where the key specifically is along with some information on what it does. Obviously the Aero Peek and Hover time hacks will not work on versions of Windows earlier than 7.

I got the Copy To and Move to from How To Geek and the rest I just Googled and turned into a registry file for convenience. Not sure how many of you guys will need this but i found some new registry hacks that Ill be using now while doing this so I thought I would share with the community. Make me good for something. *Roll Eyes How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ? :rolleyes:

If I come across more Ill edit this post and upload the new zip. Feel free as well to tell us any registry hacks you use and I could even add them to the list. *Smile How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ? :)

Enjoy!

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jan 14, 2019
  4. How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?

No permission to disable a task in Task Scheduler

You keep talking about a "folder". Task scheduler items are files, not
    folders, even though they have no name extension (i.e. no full stop or anything else to the right of the name).

I suspect the task is protected through its entry in the registry. You need to open the registry editor (regedit.exe), then do this:

• Navigate to this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\
    • Find "UpdateOrchestrator", using Ctrl+F. It will be against a key such as

{AB62362D-3EF5-4BD4-92E1-D96143FD8738}
    • Change the owner of the key to "Administrators"
    • Grant full access to "Administrators".

You then need to take the same four steps with this key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\

Frederik Long, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?

1. How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ? - Similar Threads - disable feature task

2. Cleaning registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleaning registry: I recently had some problems with a software. It behaved very weird. I already tried uninstalling (with clean registry entries) and removed any files that I could find(and delete) related to that software. Didn’t work. Would running Ccleaner registry cleaner help? After...
  3. Cleaning registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning registry: Is there any native method to clean my system registry from my past installed programs ? Or, what kind of software should I used for this task, safely ? I am using Win10, 64bit, version 1909. 158568
  4. Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor disabling Task Manager at startup: A few days back a popup began to appear on startup with Registry Editor asking admin access I accepted then I realised my Task Manager has been disabled. I enabled it from regedit and restarted same popup appears and if I click yes Task Manager is disable and remains enabled...
  5. How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop the registry editor disabling task manager.: Every time I boot up my pc, registers editor prompt me and if I click yes it disables task manager and if I click no it doesn’t. I i’ve scanned my pc with MBAM and windows defender but nothing’s coming up, cleaned any bad or invalid registery and that’s not solved. Also...
  6. How to clean registry?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clean registry?: hi, I have a lot of leftovers from files I deleted or uninstalled, how do I clean it in registry? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-registry/d18cb75d-6e3e-4059-bf50-1c59e1588556"
  7. Disable the task view feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the task view feature: Is it possible to disable this annoying feature so it wont appear if i accidentally click the windows key + tab? 130417
  8. How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How disable the feature task that clean and update registry files ?: Windows 10 has a internall feature that clean and update registry files. That feature is done one time a each week and allways few minutes after that the system was started. In Event Log has the follow logs : The access history in hive...
  9. Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning: Hello, Recently when I ran Ccleaner to chk the registry, there were many 'Application paths Issues' from the downloads folder. These download items are not anymore in the downloads folder, some download items were deleted, some others were used such as videos, music,...
  10. How safe is it to clean Registry after 10586 update?

How safe is it to clean Registry after 10586 update?: As you can see it shows a lot of stuffs that need to be cleaned in Registry. Is it safe to clean it the whole or maybe I could choose to clean the non system registries only or something? 30360

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The access history in hive AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat was cleared updating 3 keys and creating 1 modified pages.

2. \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SAM was cleared updating